Login Register




The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.


Dirty Pipes and CVEs filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Dirty Pipes and CVEs #4
(04-03-2022, 06:00 PM)Drako Wrote: Most Linux exploits happen at the kernel level. This is why I always keep my kernel as up-to-date as possible. Whenever a new kernel package is released to the Gentoo repository, I compile it. And my config is heavily modified. Of course, doing both of those things can lead to problems, and it has many times. But, it's a learning experience and leads to a better system.

I'll have to check and see if 5.17.1 is still vulnerable to this.
Tested on Bullseye amd64 linux-image-amd64 5.16.18-1, it's fixed in versions 5.16.11, 5.15.25 and 5.10.102 (WSL)
ed25519/0x21AB6B6A6CB2C337
C87D87466FD205945CF10A3821AB6B6A6CB2C337

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Dirty Pipes and CVEs - by ConcernedCitizen - 03-13-2022, 04:46 PM
RE: Dirty Pipes and CVEs - by ConcernedCitizen - 04-03-2022, 02:21 PM
RE: Dirty Pipes and CVEs - by Drako - 04-03-2022, 06:00 PM
RE: Dirty Pipes and CVEs - by ConcernedCitizen - 04-04-2022, 02:12 AM