RE: Claim Your Waifu(s) Mk II 12-27-2021, 05:03 PM
#7
(12-27-2021, 04:38 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:It's okay, I wouldn't go so far to say it's the best anime available. There are plenty of cool things about it. I think it was created solely as a psyop by the CIA to create discourse among the cyber-realm anime community. It focuses on the connection of the Wired world and the real world. They explore many topics in this - it's less an anime than a warning to keep the internet separate from reality.(12-27-2021, 04:36 PM)vittring Wrote:(12-27-2021, 08:14 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: LETS ALL LOVE LAIN. LETS ALL LOVE LAIN.I get the whole idea behind why people think to worship Lain but she's really meant as more of a reminder than a waifu. She's the physical and emotional embodiment of love for mankind. I can get behind that.Spoiler:
but not like that
I actually haven't watched the series. I just know that one scene.
There really needs to be an in depth analysis of Lain and her actual meaning, and there are really none out there, but there are some obscure references to tropes in the series and they're individual meanings.
I think it's pretty obvious when you look at it from a psychological standpoint that the whole premise of the show is to warn us of the internet's power and how connectivity will eventually become everything. Which, by the way, seems like that is what is happening now.
ed25519/0x21AB6B6A6CB2C337
C87D87466FD205945CF10A3821AB6B6A6CB2C337
C87D87466FD205945CF10A3821AB6B6A6CB2C337





![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)