Login Register






Richard Branson: Space flight filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Richard Branson: Space flight #3
(07-25-2021, 08:36 PM)Miamoo Wrote: Richard Branson's space mission have been a huge success as also Jeff Bezos. Well, congratulations to them for spending billions of dollars to see our planet from space and also to experience weightlessness. I am sure their business minds are working overtime now. I agree it's their money and they are entitled to do whatever with it. But was it necessary now amidst the pandemic when many countries are struggling to get their people vaccinated for want of funds. What purpose does it serve other than satisfying few. I leave you to ponder over it!

I do understand this perspective. However, another perspective is that it employs thousands upon thousands of people. The technology developed in these programs, often goes on to be used elsewhere. Also, Ultimately, humanity's time on earth is limited. Should we survive long enough to see Earth's expiration date, we will need a means of going elsewhere. This is the start to all that. I'm sure people felt the same when trains, cars and aeroplanes were being developed.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Richard Branson: Space flight - by Jiggly - 07-11-2021, 12:13 PM
RE: Richard Branson: Space flight - by Miamoo - 07-25-2021, 08:36 PM
RE: Richard Branson: Space flight - by mothered - 07-26-2021, 03:32 AM
RE: Richard Branson: Space flight - by Jiggly - 07-25-2021, 10:50 PM
RE: Richard Branson: Space flight - by Oni - 07-26-2021, 04:09 AM
RE: Richard Branson: Space flight - by Alex1759 - 07-26-2021, 08:16 AM
RE: Richard Branson: Space flight - by Jiggly - 07-26-2021, 06:54 PM