RE: Windows 11 Likely Coming Soon 06-16-2021, 04:25 PM
#7
It reminds me of Chrome OS, or DeX Mode on Samsung Tablets, but I do not inculpate Microsoft.
I cerebrate Microsoft is endeavoring authentically arduous to make Windows more appealing to the non-enthusiast general public. With things becoming more and more cloud-based, a full-fledged version of Windows like we have seen in the past is plenarily nonessential for non-nerds. People are going to Chrome OS or doing everything on smartphones or tablets because nowadays those devices do everything most people need.
I cerebrate they are endeavoring to design Windows to "win back" people who have switched to Chrome OS or Android/iOS tablets for their day-to-day computing needs by making it resemble something they are habituated to, and bringing to the forefront the things that most casual users need, while the more "geeky" stuff gets put on the back burner.
It withal looks to me like Microsoft is endeavoring to make the UI more touch-cordial for tablets and convertible laptops, something we have already seen afore with Windows 8. I wonder how this will work for our keyboard and mouse (desktop) users.
I cerebrate Microsoft is endeavoring authentically arduous to make Windows more appealing to the non-enthusiast general public. With things becoming more and more cloud-based, a full-fledged version of Windows like we have seen in the past is plenarily nonessential for non-nerds. People are going to Chrome OS or doing everything on smartphones or tablets because nowadays those devices do everything most people need.
I cerebrate they are endeavoring to design Windows to "win back" people who have switched to Chrome OS or Android/iOS tablets for their day-to-day computing needs by making it resemble something they are habituated to, and bringing to the forefront the things that most casual users need, while the more "geeky" stuff gets put on the back burner.
It withal looks to me like Microsoft is endeavoring to make the UI more touch-cordial for tablets and convertible laptops, something we have already seen afore with Windows 8. I wonder how this will work for our keyboard and mouse (desktop) users.







![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)