Login Register






Election Day filter_list
Author
Message
Election Day #1
Election day was yesterday, but results may take until Friday (or longer).

Who did you vote for?

Live Results:
https://www.google.com/search?q=live+election+results
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-el...nt-results
https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-ELECTIO...yprxelqpe/
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post
Reply

RE: Election Day #2
I always forget just how long it takes for US election results to come through. I feel like election day should be considered the day when everything is counted, especially considering I just read that some deadlines for postal votes aren't up until next Tuesday?! This confuses me greatly. Then again, I live on a tiny island in Europe, where everything is a little different and faster.

Either way, I think much of the world is tired of waiting and just wants to know.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: Election Day #3
I've gone into politics here before with a few people, but now I try to keep myself apolitical online. No matter what you say someone will start an argument.

The race is definitely close. I don't think the mail in balots have been counted yet, but I'm sure the majority are democrat votes. And lawyers on both sides are already geared up to fight this one tooth and nail no matter the outcome.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 08:41 PM by Drako.)

[+] 1 user Likes Drako's post
Reply

RE: Election Day #4
(11-04-2020, 08:41 PM)Drako Wrote: I've gone into politics here before with a few people, but now I try to keep myself apolitical online. No matter what you say someone will start an argument.

The race is definitely close. I don't think the mail in balots have been counted yet, but I'm sure the majority are democrat votes. And lawyers on both sides are already geared up to fight this one tooth and nail no matter the outcome.

I was a little surprised about the lawyer thing. Is that typical of US elections? Or is it a unique issue in this particular election?
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: Election Day #5
(11-04-2020, 08:41 PM)Drako Wrote: I've gone into politics here before with a few people, but now I try to keep myself apolitical online. No matter what you say someone will start an argument.

The race is definitely close. I don't think the mail in balots have been counted yet, but I'm sure the majority are democrat votes. And lawyers on both sides are already geared up to fight this one tooth and nail no matter the outcome.

Very relatable. I try not to be too political, as I don't want my views to dissuade people from sharing theirs. However, the site is run on libertarian principles and I'm sure that shows.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post
Reply

RE: Election Day #6
(11-04-2020, 09:27 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 08:41 PM)Drako Wrote: I've gone into politics here before with a few people, but now I try to keep myself apolitical online. No matter what you say someone will start an argument.

The race is definitely close. I don't think the mail in balots have been counted yet, but I'm sure the majority are democrat votes. And lawyers on both sides are already geared up to fight this one tooth and nail no matter the outcome.

I was a little surprised about the lawyer thing. Is that typical of US elections? Or is it a unique issue in this particular election?

I haven't ever heard of anything like this happening for a US election ever. The scale and competitiveness of this election is huge. Here we're gonna have to deal with the after shock of whoever wins for months.

Reply

RE: Election Day #7
(11-04-2020, 10:43 PM)Drako Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:27 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 08:41 PM)Drako Wrote: I've gone into politics here before with a few people, but now I try to keep myself apolitical online. No matter what you say someone will start an argument.

The race is definitely close. I don't think the mail in balots have been counted yet, but I'm sure the majority are democrat votes. And lawyers on both sides are already geared up to fight this one tooth and nail no matter the outcome.

I was a little surprised about the lawyer thing. Is that typical of US elections? Or is it a unique issue in this particular election?

I haven't ever heard of anything like this happening for a US election ever. The scale and competitiveness of this election is huge. Here we're gonna have to deal with the after shock of whoever wins for months.

It does seem to be unlike any election that came before it. I remember hoping we'd have a normal election following the 2016 one. British elections are so much easier to deal with lol! It's over pretty quickly.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: Election Day #8
I think Trump would win this, cause democrats were tryin to falsificate so much time

Reply

RE: Election Day #9
(11-05-2020, 10:48 AM)Jiggly Wrote: British elections are so much easier to deal with lol! It's over pretty quickly.
In my country (which I'm sure you're aware, If not ask your other half) the longest election period was 3 days.

They're predominantly over within 1-2 days. Everyone wants to know where the government will be heading, so no one likes waiting for an entire week to see the outcome.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post
Reply

RE: Election Day #10
(11-06-2020, 11:15 AM)mothered Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 10:48 AM)Jiggly Wrote: British elections are so much easier to deal with lol! It's over pretty quickly.
In my country (which I'm sure you're aware, If not ask your other half) the longest election period was 3 days.

They're predominantly over within 1-2 days. Everyone wants to know where the government will be heading, so no one likes waiting for an entire week to see the outcome.

Ah, yes! That is very true. If votes had been counted ahead of the "election day" as it is done in many countries, the wait process would be much shorter. I think this would also reduce tensions escalating, as we are now seeing in the US. It's a scary place to be.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly's post
Reply