Login Register






So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. filter_list
Author
Message
So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #1
Government bans 59 mobile apps
Mobile phone with rightwards arrow at left
including #TikTok, likee, UC Browser, etc.

This decision is a targeted move to ensure safety and sovereignty of Indian cyberspace & to safeguard interests of crores of Indian mobile/internet users.

i am happy with the decision that they banned tiktok.


Banned App list here

[Image: aPEueEV.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 07:18 PM by fsociety.)

Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #2
I think that most of the apps listed there is due to privacy issues, , i know that DU apps do sell users data, that might be the reason why most of the application listed there are banned

Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #3
Here's an article that outlines some Interesting details.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/g...947445.ece
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post
Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #4
Most of those apps are either privacy-intrusive or based in China. It may or may not be in response to the growing tensions between China and India. I suspect it is though.

[+] 1 user Likes Drako's post
Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #5
(06-29-2020, 08:35 PM)miso Wrote: I think that most of the apps listed there is due to privacy issues, , i know that DU apps do sell users data, that might be the reason why most of the application listed there are banned

now days pressure on india china border line . china try to enter india territory and they arent understanding easily .as tiktok was giving them billion of money in there pocket now its banned Confused Wink

(06-29-2020, 09:42 PM)Drako Wrote: Most of those apps are either privacy-intrusive or based in China. It may or may not be in response to the growing tensions between China and India. I suspect it is though.

yes tension between india-china border . first they enter in our line and start fighting . USA is keeping eye on both of them .titkok was making them rich and buying bulllets now no more.....
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 06:43 AM by fsociety.)

[+] 1 user Likes fsociety's post
Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #6
(06-29-2020, 09:42 PM)Drako Wrote: Most of those apps are either privacy-intrusive
I certainly agree.

Unless It's open-source, I don't trust any app, Irrespective of Its author/vendor.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post
Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #7
haven't heard of 50% of those

Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #8
(06-29-2020, 09:42 PM)Drako Wrote: Most of those apps are either privacy-intrusive or based in China. It may or may not be in response to the growing tensions between China and India. I suspect it is though.
i may be wrong but i was told that it happened after a clash between the chinese and i din military. 20 or so indian soldiers were left dead and unknown numbers of chinese casualties.

Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #9
(07-02-2020, 08:27 PM)steadyremiix Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 09:42 PM)Drako Wrote: Most of those apps are either privacy-intrusive or based in China. It may or may not be in response to the growing tensions between China and India. I suspect it is though.
i may be wrong but i was told that it happened after a clash between the chinese and i din military. 20 or so indian soldiers were left dead and unknown numbers of chinese casualties.

Yes that's what I was referring to. Both sides disagree with each other, giving different sides to the story. The only thing that I know of that was confirmed was no guns were fired at all. It was hand-to-hand combat that caused fatalities.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2020, 08:52 PM by Drako.)

Reply

RE: So Finally Tiktok Banned in India plus 59 apps also. #10
(07-02-2020, 08:52 PM)Drako Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 08:27 PM)steadyremiix Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 09:42 PM)Drako Wrote: Most of those apps are either privacy-intrusive or based in China. It may or may not be in response to the growing tensions between China and India. I suspect it is though.
i may be wrong but i was told that it happened after a clash between the chinese and i din military. 20 or so indian soldiers were left dead and unknown numbers of chinese casualties.

Yes that's what I was referring to. Both sides disagree with each other, giving different sides to the story. The only thing that I know of that was confirmed was no guns were fired at all. It was hand-to-hand combat that caused fatalities.
ohh my bad. that’s some pretty brutal hand-to-hand, know the cause?

Reply