Login Register






Otaku Session Starducks: Recreating Anime Tunes From Home filter_list
Author
Message
Session Starducks: Recreating Anime Tunes From Home #1
Yoko Kano has begun a project with a group called Seatbelts, to create music from home. This group created the much loved Cowboy Bebop soundtrack back in the 90s. Yoko Kano has been a composer for a mass of musical highlights in the anime industry and her latest project, Session Starducks, is aiming to recreate some legendary opening theme songs, all while staying at home.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Unfortunately, I cannot embed the video as it was posted on Twitter, so please check out their Cowboy Bebop recreation, opening theme song Tank!  here

The group have also begun recreating the Macross Frontier opening theme song Lion

More from the articles:
Code:
Session Starducks is currently auditioning for musicians for a variety of parts for both "Lion" and "Tank!". They especially encourage applicants from people living outside Japan. The project describes itself in English as follows: Session Starducks is led by ‘Captain Duckling’. The session will reach out beyond time and space as we all contribute together. Only good kid staying-at-home like a good dog can participate.Using the SEATBELTS as our background music, wouldn't we like a chance to roar forth like a lion? From now on, good kids who are not good at Japanse, please use deepl.com, lol. Seatbelts is also offering private lessons and/or chats with people who are "stay-at-home like a good dog." You can apply through Yoko Kanno's personal website. Writer and executive producer Jeff Pinkner said during the COVID-19 shutdown of Netflix's live-action Cowboy Bebop production that the project will "expose a whole bunch of new people to the world of Cowboy Bebop, the awesome work of Yoko Kanno."
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: Session Starducks: Recreating Anime Tunes From Home #2
Probably the only time I wish I could play an instrument. Really cool that they're looking for non-Japanese talent.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post
Reply

RE: Session Starducks: Recreating Anime Tunes From Home #3
(04-27-2020, 11:07 AM)Oni Wrote: Probably the only time I wish I could play an instrument. Really cool that they're looking for non-Japanese talent.

I think the whole idea is pretty awesome. Especially given Yoko Kano's track record. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of her prior to seeing these articles.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply