Login Register






Hiding a .exe file in an image filter_list
Author
Message
Hiding a .exe file in an image #1
can anyone give insight on hidding a .exe file inside an image ?

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #2
I have not played with Steganography myself a whole lot, so IDK if it works well with .exe files, but here are a bunch of tools that allow you to hide files inside of images: https://www.geekdashboard.com/best-steganography-tools/

Like I said, I don't play with steganography much, so your mileage may vary. I haven't actually used these tools. The way my professor told me it works, is by changing the least significant bit in each byte of the photo. The photo changes very slightly, but not enough for anyone to see. That being said, if the file is big enough, you might start to see differences in the photo, so be wary.
[Image: 6b08abb09fbb012f2fe600163e41dd5b]

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #3
If you're looking for a tool that can hide an executable in an image, a person can then run the file, and then get infected, you'll have to look past standard steganography. You can only hide text and audio in images, not executable code. You would have to buy a program or exploit from somebody here, or on another more prominent forum.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 06:36 PM by Drako.)

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #4
(10-09-2019, 08:54 PM)retroplayer Wrote: I have not played with Steganography myself a whole lot, so IDK if it works well with .exe files, but here are a bunch of tools that allow you to hide files inside of images: https://www.geekdashboard.com/best-steganography-tools/

Like I said, I don't play with steganography much, so your mileage may vary. I haven't actually used these tools. The way my professor told me it works, is by changing the least significant bit in each byte of the photo. The photo changes very slightly, but not enough for anyone to see. That being said, if the file is big enough, you might start to see differences in the photo, so be wary.
ok thanks, am going to check it out

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #5
(10-09-2019, 09:17 PM)Drako Wrote: If you're looking for a tool that can hide en executable in an image, a person can then run the file, and then get infected, you'll have to look past standard steganography. You can only hide text and audio in images, not executable code. You would have to buy a program or exploit from somebody here, or on another more prominent forum.
ok i see, i never knew it wasn't gonna be an easy task

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #6
We can actually do that even put a rat ?

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #7
I've successfully done it before and tested it on myself the problem lies with finding the programs that will permit you depending on the task

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #8
(10-13-2019, 08:06 AM)Sugar_chill Wrote: I've successfully done it before and tested it on myself the problem lies with finding the programs that will permit you depending on the task
that's exactly what am looking for, preferably through a program ...
so tell me, how did you achieve that ?

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #9
Sorry, been dealing with other issues an its a series that has to be followed in a certain order

Reply

RE: Hiding a .exe file in an image #10
I'm not sure, but I recently came across about "Alternate Data Streams" you can read somethings about it and tell us if it's something what you're looking for.
[Image: dHJ4Beo.gif]
Hidden Lesson: Reactions are always instinctive whereas responses are always well thought of.

Reply