Login Register






Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence filter_list
Author
Message
Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #1
Take a read: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-men...840ff08db3

Had a nice rant after reading this bullshit.  Let me know your thoughts.  Idk if anyone's given Trump a history lesson on how those institutions ended up and why they closed but clearly he doesn't know they were a disaster back then.  Also, why the fuck is the US not focusing on it's high rates of drug addiction?  I ask because this proposal would only make sense in regard to that issue imo.  Idk if I'm just talking shit but it's very upsetting.
Spoiler:
[Image: rsz-rufdq6b.png]

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Generally with our forum, I figured this went without saying. However, recent discussion has led me to believe otherwise. People are encouraged to read and follow our rules, especially those regarding illegal content. You have been warned - @Oni

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #2
A mentally stable individual won't misuse a firearm, so targeting mental illness is definitely the best approach. I agree with the intent, but don't think institutionalizing people will be the best course of action. Many institutions have had a terrible track record in the past, as you say. That said, it would be awesome if they found a more efficient way of dealing with mental health - while respecting rights/freedoms.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #3
Yeah, ever wonder why there's so many abandoned insane asylums? Because they didn't work. I think Trump has a good suggestion here. But just like the wall, it's how you go about doing it. The El Paso shooter most likely didn't have a mental illness, because he was writing racist manifestos and was against immigration. These people are usually provoked in some way. Be it through racial beliefs, political beliefs, or someone has bullied or threatened them. And finally, no person like that would just turn themselves in. It would have to be identified early. By either family, girlfriend/boyfriend, or just a friend.

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #4
(08-16-2019, 11:01 PM)Drako Wrote: The El Paso shooter most likely didn't have a mental illness, because he was writing racist manifestos and was against immigration.

You consider that behavior mentally stable? Tongue
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #5
(08-16-2019, 11:39 PM)Oni Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 11:01 PM)Drako Wrote: The El Paso shooter most likely didn't have a mental illness, because he was writing racist manifestos and was against immigration.

You consider that behavior mentally stable? Tongue
I wouldn't consider it stable but to put mental illness at the forefront is problematic. Clearly a current powerful ideology was at play.
Spoiler:
[Image: rsz-rufdq6b.png]

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Generally with our forum, I figured this went without saying. However, recent discussion has led me to believe otherwise. People are encouraged to read and follow our rules, especially those regarding illegal content. You have been warned - @Oni

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #6
Given this has made headlines, I've moved It from The Lounge forum to World News.

Quote:“We’re looking at the whole gun situation. I do want people to remember the words ‘mental illness.’ These people are mentally ill. And nobody talks about that,” Trump responded.
A ridiculous statement to say the least.

Has he assessed the mental state of each and every Individual, with conclusive clinical reports?
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #7
psychiatry is very much a field that has a lo ot learn and I feel we havent gotten the mental Institution balance right

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #8
(08-16-2019, 07:41 PM)Oni Wrote: A mentally stable individual won't misuse a firearm, so targeting mental illness is definitely the best approach. I agree with the intent, but don't think institutionalizing people will be the best course of action. Many institutions have had a terrible track record in the past, as you say. That said, it would be awesome if they found a more efficient way of dealing with mental health - while respecting rights/freedoms.

I agree with this, these people must have some issues, however, its not something you can solely place on the people, gun control is lacking within the US clearly - America would rather keep allowing mass shootings and not doing anything as they love their precious guns. People want change, however the NRA put so much money towards the government I highly doubt anything will change.

In 2013, there was around 89-100 Guns per 100 Americans, I doubt the figures have changed that much.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 11:10 AM by Indeprensus.)

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #9
The normal answer of one supported by the NRA should be: "Buy more weapons to protectyou. So you should shoot first!"
So why more mental institutions?
Just my 2 Cent.

Reply

RE: Trump Suggests Building More Mental Institutions To Curb Gun Violence #10
So, for the past 3 years or so President Trump has been trying to compromise with the libs on issues such as mental health, and they still attack him over it.

This is America in 2019 people.
Placeholder until I can think of something witty

Reply