Login Register






why dont we have a shout-box?! filter_list
Author
Message
RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! #11
(05-26-2019, 07:57 AM)Green Man Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 03:57 AM)mothered Wrote: It was the In-thing close to 10 years ago, but It's significantly died since then.

Nowadays, rarely do I come across a board with an "active" shoutbox.

There are plenty of forums with active SBs, the issue though is it creates a demand for more moderators. People scout to see if there are any staff online, if there isn't they tend to get involved with shady stuff.

You're right. On a forum I was active on, I was first the shoutbox moderator before becoming a regular mod lol. I was so proud lmao, probably because it was an active forum at the time.
Spoiler:
[Image: rsz-rufdq6b.png]

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Generally with our forum, I figured this went without saying. However, recent discussion has led me to believe otherwise. People are encouraged to read and follow our rules, especially those regarding illegal content. You have been warned - @Oni


RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! #12
(05-26-2019, 07:57 AM)Green Man Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 03:57 AM)mothered Wrote: It was the In-thing close to 10 years ago, but It's significantly died since then.

Nowadays, rarely do I come across a board with an "active" shoutbox.

There are plenty of forums with active SBs

Mediocre boards, yes.

Those that have been around for over a decade, predominantly not.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]


RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! #13
(05-26-2019, 12:00 PM)mothered Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 07:57 AM)Green Man Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 03:57 AM)mothered Wrote: It was the In-thing close to 10 years ago, but It's significantly died since then.

Nowadays, rarely do I come across a board with an "active" shoutbox.

There are plenty of forums with active SBs

Mediocre boards, yes.

Those that have been around for over a decade, predominantly not.

Idk about that but Oni said Discord is the primary form of communication so it would be pointless to have this.
Spoiler:
[Image: rsz-rufdq6b.png]

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Generally with our forum, I figured this went without saying. However, recent discussion has led me to believe otherwise. People are encouraged to read and follow our rules, especially those regarding illegal content. You have been warned - @Oni


RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! #14
(06-02-2019, 01:57 AM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 12:00 PM)mothered Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 07:57 AM)Green Man Wrote: There are plenty of forums with active SBs

Mediocre boards, yes.

Those that have been around for over a decade, predominantly not.

Idk about that but Oni said Discord is the primary form of communication so it would be pointless to have this.

I certainly agree with Oni's decision.

It serves little purpose having two gateways of communication.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]