Seven Years of Service
Posts: 990
Threads: 674
why dont we have a shout-box?! 04-04-2019, 04:47 PM
#1
its more fun with a shout-box, rather than having the discord server banned or so on, shout boxes are cool and amazing... Why don't we have one?!
•
Nine Years of Service
Posts: 3,368
Threads: 237
RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! 04-04-2019, 05:22 PM
#2
I've asked about this too. I have no interest in going externally to chat with the members, a shoutbox would be neat.
Spoiler:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Generally with our forum, I figured this went without saying. However, recent discussion has led me to believe otherwise. People are encouraged to read and follow our rules, especially those regarding illegal content. You have been warned - @
Oni
Eight Years of Service
Posts: 3,059
Threads: 251
RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! 04-04-2019, 06:48 PM
#3
(04-04-2019, 04:47 PM)GeniLoyd Wrote: its more fun with a shout-box, rather than having the discord server banned or so on, shout boxes are cool and amazing... Why don't we have one?!
That is up to the Admin here. If he wants to add that feature.
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#
•
Nine Years of Service
Posts: 3,368
Threads: 237
RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! 05-25-2019, 06:51 AM
#5
I'm not going to lie, back in the day I really enjoyed it as a feature. Many people are into the whole discord thing. Having it integrated was fun but those days are gone.
Edit: just looked at other thread, would def take away from forum activity. Nvm not needed here lol.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 06:52 AM by Defeat.)
Spoiler:
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Generally with our forum, I figured this went without saying. However, recent discussion has led me to believe otherwise. People are encouraged to read and follow our rules, especially those regarding illegal content. You have been warned - @
Oni
•
Thirteen Years of Service
Posts: 9,098
Threads: 584
RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! 05-25-2019, 08:42 AM
#6
We did have it for a spell. I think the fact we no longer have it, speaks for itself. Unfortunately, people will always gravitate to using discord.
•
Eleven Years of Service
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 47
RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! 05-25-2019, 05:40 PM
#7
If we have it separate I wouldn't mind a shoutbox too much, but in my opinion they tend to be more of a nuisance than a positive feature and there's not a great way to moderate or manage who has what permissions in them. I wouldn't hate it but I think the lack of it is one of the things that makes the site more appealing to me.
You can find me on
Keybase
"Reach the state of
ubiquity, and you will be in
control"
Student, Technician, Designer, and more.
•
Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 74,287
Threads: 317
RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! 05-26-2019, 03:57 AM
#8
It was the In-thing close to 10 years ago, but It's significantly died since then.
Nowadays, rarely do I come across a board with an "active" shoutbox.
•
Ten Years of Service
Posts: 3,391
Threads: 405
RE: why dont we have a shout-box?! 05-26-2019, 08:02 AM
#10
We have *two* different ways to communicate off the forum, why feel the need for a third?
Shoutboxes only reduce post quality and that's a given. I'm a big no for this suggestion.
'You can't just have your characters announce how they feel, that makes me feel angry! ![[Image: A993dMx.png?1]](https://i.imgur.com/A993dMx.png?1)