Thirteen Years of Service
Posts: 3,037
Threads: 177
RE: Instagram prototypes handing your location history to Facebook 10-05-2018, 02:56 PM
#2
The title of your thread has nothing to do with what you posted so that is kind of misleading and you also didn't cite a source for your quote. Regardless, Instagram is basically a save haven for Facebook so I wouldn't be surprised when controversy starts surrounding Instagram for some yet unknown privacy violations.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 02:57 PM by Nyx.)
•
Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 74,287
Threads: 317
RE: Instagram prototypes handing your location history to Facebook 10-06-2018, 05:21 AM
#4
Hence one of many reasons I don't deal with social media.
Never have, never will.
•
Eight Years of Service
Posts: 27
Threads: 4
RE: Instagram prototypes handing your location history to Facebook 10-09-2018, 09:16 PM
#5
You may not have social media, but social media most probably have data on you. It has been revealed on the news a few years back that FB's "Like" was intrusive and was able to track you. All of these widgets gather data on your browsing, and other tricks probably exist to track everyone.
•
Eight Years of Service
Posts: 296
Threads: 6
RE: Instagram prototypes handing your location history to Facebook 10-09-2018, 10:15 PM
#6
Despite being on multiple social media platforms, I am irritated about hearing all this when it comes to light. I'd like to get off all the platforms I am on, but at the same time I don't want to.
•