Login Register






what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? filter_list
Author
Message
what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #1
what is the best gaming PC or laptop too buy for hacking ?
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#


RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #2
I'm not a gamer but In terms of that, I have an Acer Predator laptop (quite a few) with the Core I7 7700, 32GB of Ram and the GTX 1070. It chews anything I throw at It. The benchmark speaks for Itself.
Spoiler:
[Image: j6b1qO3.png]


As for hacking, you can use a Pentium 100 (so to speak).
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #3
(09-16-2018, 08:09 AM)mothered Wrote: I'm not a gamer but In terms of that, I have an Acer Predator laptop (quite a few) with the Core I7 7700, 32GB of Ram and the GTX 1070. It chews anything I throw at It. The benchmark speaks for Itself.
Spoiler:
[Image: j6b1qO3.png]


As for hacking, you can use a Pentium 100 (so to speak).

why I ask about a gaming pc right. because I will be pulling a lot of tasks and resources to run like 3 or 4 programs at once. Smile
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#


RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #4
It depends if you're cracking/brute forcing etc. Aircrack-ng supports GPU attacks I believe in cracking WPA2 hand-shakes. If you're not doing this, then any computer would do.
[Image: 4MtNRt3.gif]


RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #5
(09-16-2018, 08:13 AM)darkninja1980 Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:09 AM)mothered Wrote: I'm not a gamer but In terms of that, I have an Acer Predator laptop (quite a few) with the Core I7 7700, 32GB of Ram and the GTX 1070. It chews anything I throw at It. The benchmark speaks for Itself.
Spoiler:
[Image: j6b1qO3.png]


As for hacking, you can use a Pentium 100 (so to speak).

why I ask about a gaming pc right. because I will be pulling a lot of tasks and resources to run like 3 or 4 programs at once. Smile

Just to give you an Indication of the resources I'm running and consuming, I have 6 VMs operating simultaneously, 80+ browser tabs open and my IDS actively monitoring the network.

No problem whatsoever.
Spoiler:
[Image: G1QBqjN.png]


Spoiler:
[Image: XfkS236.png]
[Image: AD83g1A.png]


RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #6
(09-16-2018, 08:25 AM)mothered Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:13 AM)darkninja1980 Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:09 AM)mothered Wrote: I'm not a gamer but In terms of that, I have an Acer Predator laptop (quite a few) with the Core I7 7700, 32GB of Ram and the GTX 1070. It chews anything I throw at It. The benchmark speaks for Itself.
Spoiler:
[Image: j6b1qO3.png]


As for hacking, you can use a Pentium 100 (so to speak).

why I ask about a gaming pc right. because I will be pulling a lot of tasks and resources to run like 3 or 4 programs at once. Smile

Just to give you an Indication of the resources I'm running and consuming, I have 6 VMs operating simultaneously, 80+ browser tabs open and my IDS actively monitoring the network.

No problem whatsoever.
Spoiler:
[Image: G1QBqjN.png]


Spoiler:
[Image: XfkS236.png]

Is VMware actually more useful compared to Virtual Box? I've had so many problems with ISOs with VirtualBox, it's insane.
[Image: 4MtNRt3.gif]


RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #7
(09-16-2018, 08:33 AM)vex. Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:25 AM)mothered Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:13 AM)darkninja1980 Wrote: why I ask about a gaming pc right. because I will be pulling a lot of tasks and resources to run like 3 or 4 programs at once. Smile

Just to give you an Indication of the resources I'm running and consuming, I have 6 VMs operating simultaneously, 80+ browser tabs open and my IDS actively monitoring the network.

No problem whatsoever.
Spoiler:
[Image: G1QBqjN.png]


Spoiler:
[Image: XfkS236.png]

Is VMware actually more useful compared to Virtual Box? I've had so many problems with ISOs with VirtualBox, it's insane.

I've also experienced Issues with VirtualBox- loss of functionality and stability at the best of times. I've yet to come across problems with ISOs though. Once mounted, VB does the job thereafter.

VMware Is certainly more superior. My VMs are actively running 24/7 with very minimal disruptions.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]


RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #8
(09-16-2018, 08:53 AM)mothered Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:33 AM)vex. Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:25 AM)mothered Wrote: Just to give you an Indication of the resources I'm running and consuming, I have 6 VMs operating simultaneously, 80+ browser tabs open and my IDS actively monitoring the network.

No problem whatsoever.
Spoiler:
[Image: G1QBqjN.png]


Spoiler:
[Image: XfkS236.png]

Is VMware actually more useful compared to Virtual Box? I've had so many problems with ISOs with VirtualBox, it's insane.

I've also experienced Issues with VirtualBox- loss of functionality and stability at the best of times. I've yet to come across problems with ISOs though. Once mounted, VB does the job thereafter.

VMware Is certainly more superior. My VMs are actively running 24/7 with very minimal disruptions.

Which version do you use? (Workstation Player/ Workstation etc)? I'm interested to switch over
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 09:19 AM by dismay.)
[Image: 4MtNRt3.gif]


RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #9
(09-16-2018, 09:19 AM)vex. Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:53 AM)mothered Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:33 AM)vex. Wrote: Is VMware actually more useful compared to Virtual Box? I've had so many problems with ISOs with VirtualBox, it's insane.

I've also experienced Issues with VirtualBox- loss of functionality and stability at the best of times. I've yet to come across problems with ISOs though. Once mounted, VB does the job thereafter.

VMware Is certainly more superior. My VMs are actively running 24/7 with very minimal disruptions.

Which version do you use? (Workstation Player/ Workstation etc)? I'm interested to switch over

The latest version of VMware Workstation.

Although I'm quite confident you do not require assistance, If you decide to make the switch and are In need of help (example bridged connections/networking, mapping network drives etc), let me know.

You may also wish to checkout "Hyper-V", which Is a native VM on supported Windows operating systems- server versions & editions Inclusive. However, the CPU of your Host (physical machine) must support SLAT (Second Level Address Translation). It will not function without a supported OS & CPU.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]


RE: what is the best gaming pc or laptop too buy for hacking ? #10
(09-16-2018, 11:13 AM)mothered Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 09:19 AM)vex. Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:53 AM)mothered Wrote: I've also experienced Issues with VirtualBox- loss of functionality and stability at the best of times. I've yet to come across problems with ISOs though. Once mounted, VB does the job thereafter.

VMware Is certainly more superior. My VMs are actively running 24/7 with very minimal disruptions.

Which version do you use? (Workstation Player/ Workstation etc)? I'm interested to switch over

The latest version of VMware Workstation.

Although I'm quite confident you do not require assistance, If you decide to make the switch and are In need of help (example bridged connections/networking, mapping network drives etc), let me know.

You may also wish to checkout "Hyper-V", which Is a native VM on supported Windows operating systems- server versions & editions Inclusive. However, the CPU of your Host (physical machine) must support SLAT (Second Level Address Translation). It will not function without a supported OS & CPU.

I got it all installed, I'll play with the VMs a bit after my exams this week, see if ParrotOS works this time. Thank you for the link!

Just going to mention, I just Googled a key, and out of curiosity, VMware don't check a database to see if a key has been used? I saw comments on a 40 thousand viewed video and they were certain the key would work. I had to try it, and what you know, it worked... I'm not advocating piracy, but 10 serial keys were shown, Why would they still allow these keys to be used? Notamused How can these keys still be functional? I'm so confused
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 12:21 PM by dismay.)
[Image: 4MtNRt3.gif]