Login Register






PixelPin - A new way of logging in (NO PASSWORD) filter_list
Author
Message
RE: PixelPin - A new way of logging in (NO PASSWORD) #11
IMO, I do like the idea, but what happens when you are away from your computer or phone, and you don't have your image? What happens when your only copy of the image gets deleted? What happens when someone secretly gets on your device and steals your image without you knowing? These are really the only reasons I would say that I don;t like this. I understand password reset, but I feel it would be a hassle.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 03:23 PM by Synthx.)
[Image: ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif]
#yellowheartsforsarah

Reply

RE: PixelPin - A new way of logging in (NO PASSWORD) #12
There is a good, and a bad side to his method. The good being it would be extremely hard to crack an account even with a simple image. The bad side is you would have to keep a backup somewhere on your device in the event of this being used on all platforms or websites. So like @$ynthx said, if someone entered your device and stole said image that really put the screw to you. With a regular password you could just remember the passphrase. So It's really up to you with this.

Reply