(10-15-2017, 01:37 PM)mothered Wrote: (10-15-2017, 09:06 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Also keep in mind I'm not talking about flat straight's. These are small bank highways, where traction in the corners and torque up the mountains is what matters.
I see, now I understand.
That's a big difference, whereby (as opposed to a straight run) It's demanding on a few of the vehicle's resources.
That's part of the reason I think we have a rampant street racing issue here in Washington (we actually have street signs banning street races
BETWEEN 10pm and 6am). All these tracks you find are actually set up for high speeds, but we aren't looking for speed at all. There's a nice road about an hour south of me that's all unbanked corners on a cliff face with 1 straight. I can have fun on that road at 80mph, no need for me to push any farther. Just the feeling of having to be in constant control of what ratio you're in, holding your speed until the last moment and then making the brakes glow before the turn (ceramics, so its safe), actually keeping a racing line and being either mid or left side for most of it, and paying very close attention to your suspension. All of that just gives you a type of thrill that you just can't experience by driving fast alone, it's the concept of if you fuck up you probably won't survive. Some tracks can give the same effect, but they tend to limit speeds during those turns. We just want a place that we can go have fun. highway 18 here is basically the autobahn, a critical mass of drivers just keep their right foot on the floor from end to end, so cops dont even patrol there anymore.