Login Register






AI capable of "reproduction" filter_list
Author
Message
AI capable of "reproduction" #1
This is a really interesting article (though a bit frightening), and I would definitely recommend giving it a read. Analyzing the writing, I find it more and more common for journalists to refer to AI as if it was human (i.e., "who"), which creeps me out a little.

https://futurism.com/googles-ai-is-learn...-other-ai/
It's often the outcasts, the iconoclasts ... those who have the least to lose because they
don't have much in the first place, who feel the new currents and ride them the farthest.

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #2
That was an interesting read. Thanks!

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #3
The singularity has come, it seems.
Placeholder until I can think of something witty

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #4
What a wonderful article.

I'd love to see the technological advancements In AI 50 years from the time of this post (or perhaps a little less).
You're my source of Info @Inori, thanks.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #5
I mean haven't worms been doing this for years? It's the same concept I think? Essentially its just transferring more info and the ability to learn further possibly building off of what was already learned. Data transfer and adaptable programs. Not too crazy conceptually I believe. But then again I feel like all programs seem simple in the beginning.
Scientia potentia est

[Image: inkexplosion.jpg]

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #6
(01-23-2017, 07:33 PM)DarkMuse Wrote: I mean haven't worms been doing this for years? It's the same concept I think? Essentially its just transferring more info and the ability to learn further possibly building off of what was already learned. Data transfer and adaptable programs. Not too crazy conceptually I believe. But then  again I feel like all programs seem simple in the beginning.

Afaik worms work by self-replication. From what I understand from the article, this is able to build other AI beyond just itself.

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #7
(01-23-2017, 07:57 PM)Satan Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 07:33 PM)DarkMuse Wrote: I mean haven't worms been doing this for years? It's the same concept I think? Essentially its just transferring more info and the ability to learn further possibly building off of what was already learned. Data transfer and adaptable programs. Not too crazy conceptually I believe. But then  again I feel like all programs seem simple in the beginning.

Afaik worms work by self-replication. From what I understand from the article, this is able to build other AI beyond just itself.

Correct. Tl; dr: Google made an AI that makes better AIs than Google.
It's often the outcasts, the iconoclasts ... those who have the least to lose because they
don't have much in the first place, who feel the new currents and ride them the farthest.

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #8
a bit unnerving but nonetheless interesting.

I've also found that journalists are more and more personifying AI. I've always been interested in this kind of stuff, but especially after watching West World, it's very interesting to see the AI sector evolve.
[Image: pBD38Xq.png]
Email: insidious@protonmail.ch

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #9
(01-23-2017, 08:00 PM)Inori Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 07:57 PM)Satan Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 07:33 PM)DarkMuse Wrote: I mean haven't worms been doing this for years? It's the same concept I think? Essentially its just transferring more info and the ability to learn further possibly building off of what was already learned. Data transfer and adaptable programs. Not too crazy conceptually I believe. But then  again I feel like all programs seem simple in the beginning.

Afaik worms work by self-replication. From what I understand from the article, this is able to build other AI beyond just itself.

Correct. Tl; dr: Google made an AI that makes better AIs than Google.
That's so smart.

Reply

RE: AI capable of "reproduction" #10
(01-23-2017, 08:00 PM)Inori Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 07:57 PM)Satan Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 07:33 PM)DarkMuse Wrote: I mean haven't worms been doing this for years? It's the same concept I think? Essentially its just transferring more info and the ability to learn further possibly building off of what was already learned. Data transfer and adaptable programs. Not too crazy conceptually I believe. But then  again I feel like all programs seem simple in the beginning.

Afaik worms work by self-replication. From what I understand from the article, this is able to build other AI beyond just itself.

Correct. Tl; dr: Google made an AI that makes better AIs than Google.

Ill just wait for Apple AI thank you very much.
[Image: OP.png]

Reply