Login Register






[TV Show Review] Narcos filter_list
Author
Message
[TV Show Review] Narcos #1

Narcos
Biography, Crime, Drama

[Image: Netflix-Narcos-Social-Marketing-Campaign.jpg]


What is it about?
Narcos in one word? Addicting, ironic I know but there is no better way to describe one of the best TV shows ever .

Narcos tells the story of the rise and fall of the Medellin Cartel and much like the rise and fall of the Cartel the series toys unpredictably with our emotions and often keeps us on the edge of our seats. The show fully immerses you into the world of the Medellin Cartel which is a testament to the great directing and cinematography.

The show boasts some of the best action/chase scenes and a great script with well thought out characters and narration but what makes Narcos a standout in the golden age of television is its unparalleled ability to create an atmosphere filled with suspense and tension. The shows incredible atmosphere coupled with the afore mentioned creates incredible highs and lows that keeps you coming back for more.

Why do you recommend it?

The 'background' storytelling by agent Murphy is a great feature in this series and gives the viewer a 'just enough' inside of what is going on and the actual facts of what really happened. This made me watch the series and at the same time pulled me into the actual events/scenes which gave me goosebumps sometime, because i tried to imagine what it would be if i was in the same position as some of the characters with all the violence and risks they take to earn money and get respect in the narco business.

Pablo Escobar character played by Wagner Moura is at it's finest. The sudden shifts between being a 'nice person' and 'the devil' is perfectly done. Without ever knowing what kind of person the real Pablo Escobar was, this translation of him by Wagner Moura is certainly 99,9% realistic. The only fault of the show is that most of the show is in Spanish with English been spoken approximately thirty to forty percent of the time, there are also English subtitles which are sufficient, regardless Narcos is a truly brilliant show produced by Netflix and in typical Netflix fashion it doesn't disappoint. The show is a unique must watch.

This series will certainly will go into history as one of the best that tell the story of Pablo Escobar. 20 years from now this series will still be popular.




What is my rating of this movie?
(4.1★/5★)
source
[Image: master645.png]

“Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.” ― The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Reply

RE: [TV Show Review] Narcos #2
I've always wanted to pick this up, and I might now.

This and Westworld will be a heavy juggle..
[Image: tenor.gif]

🍫  🍬 🎀

Reply

RE: [TV Show Review] Narcos #3
Nice review.

I love netflix originals, and love them picking up cool stuff like Trailer Park Boys, and producing it beyond the original run.
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

Reply

RE: [TV Show Review] Narcos #4
I've watched this multiple times, netflix original at its finest.
'You can't just have your characters announce how they feel, that makes me feel angry! [Image: A993dMx.png?1]

[+] 1 user Likes Aeolian's post
Reply

RE: [TV Show Review] Narcos #5
(12-20-2016, 02:25 AM)Aeolian Wrote: I've watched this multiple times, netflix original at its finest.

Good stuff Smile
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

[+] 1 user Likes roger_smith's post
Reply

RE: [TV Show Review] Narcos #6
[quote='Customer' pid='737997' dateline='1482192541']
I've always wanted to pick this up, and I might now.

This and Westworld will be a heavy juggle..

Nothing wrong spending Christmas binging two shows Tongue


Narcos was amazing, I think there's a third season coming out too? The entire storytelling, characters, and everything is so well done. Fucking love it

nice review, too
[Image: pBD38Xq.png]
Email: insidious@protonmail.ch

Reply

RE: [TV Show Review] Narcos #7
Very nice, detailed review. I have seen Narcos and have about the same opinion as you. I like that a lot of facts that actually happened also are shown in the TV serie.

You can always learn from series and this is a great example. I certainly have picked up some things from this serie.
~~ Might be back? ~~

Reply

RE: [TV Show Review] Narcos #8
Once Narcos got released, it just blew away the expectations which I had from any other series. After watching likes of Breaking Bad and Fargo, I never expected they could be bettered.

Reply

RE: [TV Show Review] Narcos #9
Have you watched El Patrón del Mal? I've seen some of Narcos, but actually watched more of Patrón del Mal.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply