Login Register






Opera web browser hacked filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Opera web browser hacked #31
I gave it a look a few months ago on Linux...again....and it's bookmark sync breaks between machines. For me, because I have lots of bookmarks, I like the way Opera organizes things in either lists, columns or big columns, and gives you visual bookmarks. I also thought the built in News Feed was nice and the way the browser's start page was organized. I have since found addons in Chrome to suffice for the things in Opera I really liked, since Chrome's bookmarks can be much better organized. I already tried one addon, bookmark manager, but it was crashing a lot when they first released it; Bookmark Manager, and then Star t Page, and then Night mode pro are the addons that give you the new Opera's features.

Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #32
I am using Opera now instead of Chrome, way better user interface and speed in my opinion.
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #33
(12-03-2016, 09:08 AM)Skryptec Wrote: I am using Opera now instead of Chrome, way better user interface and speed in my opinion.

In terms of speed, I definitely agree. It's GUI Is also quite Impressive.

In fact, I find Opera to load and navigate a lot quicker than IE, FF and Chrome.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #34
(12-03-2016, 02:18 PM)mothered Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 09:08 AM)Skryptec Wrote: I am using Opera now instead of Chrome, way better user interface and speed in my opinion.

In terms of speed, I definitely agree. It's GUI Is also quite Impressive.

In fact, I find Opera to load and navigate a lot quicker than IE, FF and Chrome.

Exactly, I don't see why people hate it so much.
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Skryptec's post
Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #35
(12-03-2016, 11:37 PM)Skryptec Wrote: Exactly, I don't see why people hate it so much.

I get that a lot from users (disliking Opera), both on forums and IRL.

I don't understand why. To me, seldom have I experienced any crashes or loss of functionality using Opera.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #36
I use Opera Mini on my Windows Phone. Mostly due to data saving features.
[Image: JchOGM.png]

Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #37
(12-04-2016, 07:57 AM)Jimmy Wrote: I use Opera Mini on my Windows Phone. Mostly due to data saving features.

I also own a Windows Phone and just as a matter of Interest, how do find It's native Internet Explorer?

Personally, IE seems to consume a lot more data than Chrome (of which I have Installed). I don't use my phone all that often, but I'll go by your post here and Install Opera Mini. If It's as good as the desktop version, I can't go wrong.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #38
I find this Opera thread really interesting,

First Opera used to be the hackers browser of choice, but a long time ago...

So what browser does a hacker use now ? Do you guys really trust google that much ?

Did you know Opera's main secondary business is advertising ... they can not be trusted.

Also, Opera was in a bid to sell to the Chinese Qihoo 360 company recently. Do you still trust Opera ?

Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #39
(12-11-2016, 04:41 AM)Kyzer Wrote: So what browser does a hacker use now ? Do you guys really trust google that much ?

I use the Tor browser on the Tor network (obviously), and DuckDuckGo as the search engine (defaulted). A VPN with no logs Is also running simultaneously.

However given Tor's nature and It's circuits, It can be quite slow at times. I can't complain though, It provides a good form of anonymity at no cost.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: Opera web browser hacked #40
So long as you know many TOR exit nodes are monitored, then TOR is fine. But don't ever do anything personal, via TOR.

Reply