Login Register






65 Tbps Transfer rate record. filter_list
Author
Message
65 Tbps Transfer rate record. #1
Recently Nokia achieved a record of 65Tbps at Bell Labs, that's 8.125 TeraBytes per second. they expect this to be applied in the field within the next two to three years.
Source :  http://www.techworm.net/2016/10/record-b...nokia.html
COM1 Serial User.

Reply

RE: 65 Tbps Transfer rate record. #2
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/19292...ngle-fiber
What about that?


Reply

RE: 65 Tbps Transfer rate record. #3
It's hard to think that whenever I have 1 down and .7 up. :
[Image: xlbdwZT.png]

Reply

RE: 65 Tbps Transfer rate record. #4
From the website:

Quote: the new transmission lines will be commercially ready to be deployed over the next two to three years.

In my views, I think that's a case of wishful thinking. Given the speeds we're currently running, I cannot see this being commercially deployed In such a short space of time. It seems a little too soon.
Anyway, this Is very Informative, thank you.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: 65 Tbps Transfer rate record. #5
I posted a thread semi-like this one: https://sinister.li/Thread-Future-of-the...d-by-Nokia

Anyway, it's very interesting to see how it will work out, it will probably be bought out by Google (which I hope not).
~~ Might be back? ~~

Reply

RE: 65 Tbps Transfer rate record. #6
(10-14-2016, 09:45 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote: I posted a thread semi-like this one: https://sinister.li/Thread-Future-of-the...d-by-Nokia

Anyway, it's very interesting to see how it will work out, it will probably be bought out by Google (which I hope not).

Did you see the article about Google Fiber going broke? Yup, they are laying off people and thinking about pulling the plug. Turns out, all this stuff costs lots of money, no one wants to pay for it and even Google has a threshold of pain...
[Image: master645.png]

“Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.” ― The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Reply

RE: 65 Tbps Transfer rate record. #7
(10-14-2016, 10:19 AM)Master Wrote:
(10-14-2016, 09:45 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote: I posted a thread semi-like this one: https://sinister.li/Thread-Future-of-the...d-by-Nokia

Anyway, it's very interesting to see how it will work out, it will probably be bought out by Google (which I hope not).

Did you see the article about Google Fiber going broke? Yup, they are laying off people and thinking about pulling the plug. Turns out, all this stuff costs lots of money, no one wants to pay for it and even Google has a threshold of pain...

Well yeah, I do agree, it was expected that it would be way to expensive to create a Google Fiber network across whole the world, but this might be the same case for Nokia, and remember it's Google fiber that's broke, Google itself has still enough cash laying around. I'm pretty sure when more people will see that Nokia will be better that Google will at least bring out an offer to buy it.
~~ Might be back? ~~

[+] 1 user Likes Bish0pQ's post
Reply