Login Register






London's burning display filter_list
Author
Message
London's burning display #1
Full Article here: London 'alight'

It's the 350th anniversary of London burning down. So a giant model of pre-fire London was built, and then set on fire on the Thames (the river that runs through London).
This fire, although tragic, lead to an organised fire service and an insurance industry to be established.

[Image: MIb7uvn.jpg]
[Image: hHFU4JJ.jpg]
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: London's burning display #2
They got the money and don't know how to spend it.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 07:34 AM by pvnk.)

Reply

RE: London's burning display #3
(09-05-2016, 07:34 AM)Primitive Wrote: They got the money and don't know how to spend it.

I know - Let's set fire to something on a river!

Basically our response to Guy Fawkes too. "Let's make a day of explosions to celebrate the lack of an explosion"...
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: London's burning display #4
(09-05-2016, 07:36 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:34 AM)Primitive Wrote: They got the money and don't know how to spend it.

I know - Let's set fire to something on a river!

Basically our response to Guy Fawkes too. "Let's make a day of explosions to celebrate the lack of an explosion"...

YOU MOVED TO THE US. YOU CANT USE OUR LIKE YOURE AN EUROPEAN ANYMORE.

Reply

RE: London's burning display #5
(09-05-2016, 07:36 AM)Primitive Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:36 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:34 AM)Primitive Wrote: They got the money and don't know how to spend it.

I know - Let's set fire to something on a river!

Basically our response to Guy Fawkes too. "Let's make a day of explosions to celebrate the lack of an explosion"...

YOU MOVED TO THE US. YOU CANT USE OUR LIKE YOURE AN EUROPEAN ANYMORE.

I'm still a British citizen...
And will always be European.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: London's burning display #6
(09-05-2016, 07:38 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:36 AM)Primitive Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:36 AM)Jiggly Wrote: I know - Let's set fire to something on a river!

Basically our response to Guy Fawkes too. "Let's make a day of explosions to celebrate the lack of an explosion"...

YOU MOVED TO THE US. YOU CANT USE OUR LIKE YOURE AN EUROPEAN ANYMORE.

I'm still a British citizen...
And will always be European.

Traitor

Reply

RE: London's burning display #7
(09-05-2016, 07:40 AM)Primitive Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:38 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:36 AM)Primitive Wrote: YOU MOVED TO THE US. YOU CANT USE OUR LIKE YOURE AN EUROPEAN ANYMORE.

I'm still a British citizen...
And will always be European.

Traitor

*Starts singing the national anthem*
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: London's burning display #8
(09-05-2016, 07:34 AM)Primitive Wrote: They got the money and don't know how to spend it.

Spot on.

I couldn't have said It better myself.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: London's burning display #9
(09-05-2016, 07:34 AM)Primitive Wrote: They got the money and don't know how to spend it.

This actually seems like a fun thing to do.

Reply

RE: London's burning display #10
(09-05-2016, 01:07 PM)Abaddon Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:34 AM)Primitive Wrote: They got the money and don't know how to spend it.

This actually seems like a fun thing to do.

To be honest, it's a pretty cool project. I hope they documented the model with photos etc.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply