Ten Years of Service
Posts: 118
Threads: 17
FDE poll (full disk encryption) 05-09-2016, 05:51 PM
#1
I am looking to do a small info gathering and just want to see how many of you that run Linux as a main OS use FDE (full dsik encryption).
I always use it, with a strong passphrase that is not shared with anything else.
If you don't use it, is there a reason why?
Your mind is programmable, if your not programming your mind, someone else will program it for you.
•
Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 19,133
Threads: 2,064
RE: Social expirement 05-09-2016, 06:45 PM
#2
Linux isn't always my operating system, but I always utilize full disk encryption.
•
Ten Years of Service
Posts: 118
Threads: 17
RE: Social expirement 05-09-2016, 07:16 PM
#3
(05-09-2016, 06:45 PM)Oni Wrote: Linux isn't always my operating system, but I always utilize full disk encryption.
Thanks for the reply
Your mind is programmable, if your not programming your mind, someone else will program it for you.
•
Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 19,133
Threads: 2,064
RE: Social expirement 05-09-2016, 08:23 PM
#4
Also expirement sounds scary.
•
Ten Years of Service
Posts: 63
Threads: 6
RE: Social expirement 05-09-2016, 10:15 PM
#5
Sorry, I don't quite like disclosing sensitive information of the likes to federal agents.
nameless@
Jabber.se
for hire, programming/sysadmin
•
Ten Years of Service
Posts: 118
Threads: 17
RE: Social expirement 05-09-2016, 10:23 PM
#6
Lol federal agents? By saying you use fde? What does it matter? You probably don't even come close to being on a radar anyway.
Title updated so it doesn't sound weird
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2016, 10:24 PM by encrypted.)
Your mind is programmable, if your not programming your mind, someone else will program it for you.
•
Ten Years of Service
Posts: 63
Threads: 6
RE: FDE poll (full disk encryption) 05-09-2016, 10:43 PM
#7
Chill. Getting a little aggressive for no reason. My original post was merely poking fun at the thread title's sketchiness, but you're leading me on.
Everyone's on a radar. Whether you know it or not. Maybe not actively, but you're definitely on the/a radar.
Also, yes, it's a potential risk, disclosing information relative to personal disk encryption, believe it or not.
nameless@
Jabber.se
for hire, programming/sysadmin
•
Eleven Years of Service
Posts: 3,133
Threads: 261
RE: FDE poll (full disk encryption) 05-09-2016, 10:47 PM
#8
Well, I am dual booting Windows 7 and Linux Ubuntu (Might switch though) and I have encryption on everything, as I would like to keep my stuff safe.
•
Ten Years of Service
Posts: 118
Threads: 17
RE: FDE poll (full disk encryption) 05-09-2016, 11:08 PM
#9
(05-09-2016, 10:43 PM)-nameless Wrote: Chill. Getting a little aggressive for no reason. My original post was merely poking fun at the thread title's sketchiness, but you're leading me on.
Everyone's on a radar. Whether you know it or not. Maybe not actively, but you're definitely on the/a radar.
Also, yes, it's a potential risk, disclosing information relative to personal disk encryption, believe it or not.
I'm chill lol
If you don't want to participate you didn't have to respond lol plain and simple. Not a big deal.
Your mind is programmable, if your not programming your mind, someone else will program it for you.