Login Register






Alan Rickman (Snape) Died filter_list
Author
Message
Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #1
@Jiggly and I were discussing this earlier. Apparently Alan Rickman died. Fuck cancer.

[Image: Mwmd4QS.jpg]

Code:
Alan Rickman, the British actor with the unforgettable voice who played the brooding Professor Severus Snape in the "Harry Potter" films as well as "Die Hard" villain Hans Gruber, died Thursday after a short battle with cancer, according to his representatives at Independent Talent Group.

Source: CNN
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #2
Every one is dying this past week. There was some one else along side this guy and Bowie. Real shame.
[Image: twvnig.gif]

Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #3
(01-15-2016, 01:07 AM)Panther_ Wrote: Every one is dying this past week. There was some one else along side this guy and Bowie. Real shame.

Lemmy died recently.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #4
(01-15-2016, 01:07 AM)Panther_ Wrote: Every one is dying this past week. There was some one else along side this guy and Bowie. Real shame.

In addition to Alan Rickman & David Bowie passing away, so too did Celine Dion's husband named Rene Angelil. And they all died from cancer within the same week.

Alan Rickman was one of my favorite actors, I loved his role as Hans Gruber In the first Die Hard. It just goes to show that we should all make the most of everyday, you never know what's around the corner.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #5
God dammit, why are all the awesome people dying.

I've already listened to all the Motorhead and Bowie that I own in tribute to Lemmy and Dave, and I'm now planning a Potter Marathon for Rickman.
It's often the outcasts, the iconoclasts ... those who have the least to lose because they
don't have much in the first place, who feel the new currents and ride them the farthest.

Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #6
All the privileged white people are dropping like flies.

Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #7
Don't forget Galaxy Quest.
telegram: @satan_sl

Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #8
(01-15-2016, 07:50 PM)Maddison Wrote: Don't forget Galaxy Quest.

I grew up watching that every time I went to see my Dad. It's one of my favourite films!

(01-15-2016, 03:34 PM)Chitoge Wrote: God dammit, why are all the awesome people dying.

I've already listened to all the Motorhead and Bowie that I own in tribute to Lemmy and Dave, and I'm now planning a Potter Marathon for Rickman.

My house-mates and I did a potter marathon just before Christmas... We already cried about his character in the film and now about him irl. Absolutely gutted.

Rickman played a large variety of characters in films which I loved but he also did a bunch of Shakespeare (not surprising). He's a legend imo.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 10:34 PM by Jiggly.)
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly's post
Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #9
Harry Potter Wrote:Alan Rickman is undoubtedly one of the greatest actors I will ever work with. He is also, one of the loyalest and most supportive people I've ever met in the film industry. He was so encouraging of me both on set and in the years post-Potter. I'm pretty sure he came and saw everything I ever did on stage both in London and New York. He didn't have to do that. I know other people who've been friends with him for much much longer than I have and they all say "if you call Alan, it doesn't matter where in the world he is or how busy he is with what he's doing, he'll get back to you within a day".

People create perceptions of actors based on the parts they played so it might surprise some people to learn that contrary to some of the sterner(or downright scary) characters he played, Alan was extremely kind, generous, self-deprecating and funny. And certain things obviously became even funnier when delivered in his unmistakable double-bass.

As an actor he was one of the first of the adults on Potter to treat me like a peer rather than a child. Working with him at such a formative age was incredibly important and I will carry the lessons he taught me for the rest of my life and career. Film sets and theatre stages are all far poorer for the loss of this great actor and man.
"If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.”


[+] 1 user Likes Nil's post
Reply

RE: Alan Rickman (Snape) Died #10
(01-15-2016, 11:13 PM)God Wrote: Harry Potter Wrote:
Alan Rickman is undoubtedly one of the greatest actors I will ever work with. He is also, one of the loyalest and most supportive people I've ever met in the film industry. He was so encouraging of me both on set and in the years post-Potter. I'm pretty sure he came and saw everything I ever did on stage both in London and New York. He didn't have to do that. I know other people who've been friends with him for much much longer than I have and they all say "if you call Alan, it doesn't matter where in the world he is or how busy he is with what he's doing, he'll get back to you within a day".

People create perceptions of actors based on the parts they played so it might surprise some people to learn that contrary to some of the sterner(or downright scary) characters he played, Alan was extremely kind, generous, self-deprecating and funny. And certain things obviously became even funnier when delivered in his unmistakable double-bass.

As an actor he was one of the first of the adults on Potter to treat me like a peer rather than a child. Working with him at such a formative age was incredibly important and I will carry the lessons he taught me for the rest of my life and career. Film sets and theatre stages are all far poorer for the loss of this great actor and man.

Since his death, I've only read positive feedback on Alan.

He seemed to be loved by everyone of whom he associated with. I've yet to come across any negativity towards him.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply