Login Register






Demote Eclipse filter_list
Author
Message
Demote Eclipse #1
Why is he even staff? All I've seen him do is cry since his promotion.

He is also racist:

[Image: 5GSZ4ab.png]


RE: Demote Eclipse #2
I'm against this and that was before he got staff.

[+] 4 users Like DarkKnight's post

RE: Demote Eclipse #3
I had this exact idea last night. In my honest opinion, I agree with you.


RE: Demote Eclipse #4
As much as staff members actions do affect users on SL, I don't think a suggestion thread is a very good idea. Ultimately Oni has the right to decide whether Eclipse is a good member as he is able to see what goes on behind the scenes. For example, whether Eclipse is responding to reports, moving threads to the correct sections and other monitoring. Perhaps it is worth talking to Eclipse directly to solve the issue. When I say talk, I mean calmly and without insulting, or being bitchy. You may well have already done that, so if you have, please ignore that comment but this goes to other members too.

Oni has plenty to deal with and I think threads asking him to demote his staff members aren't particularly useful. If there is something that is particularly concerning, such racist comments, then I believe reports are the way to go. Oni can ask Eclipse to better his behaviour and improvements can be made. Demoting someone and then having to find a replacement who may also be shite causes a lot more issues.

I believe in bringing matters to Oni's attention and I'm glad you're concerned with matters on the forum, but threads like these tend to start arguments and a very negative feeling on the forum and don't necessarily resolve a problem as they are a forum for complaints rather than actions. People tend to get butthurt and angry and that's not a very productive way to deal with things.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

[+] 4 users Like Jiggly's post

RE: Demote Eclipse #5
@Eclipse is new as a staff member and it's apparent he needs to make adjustments to how he's been doing things. I'll take note that you guys aren't particularly happy with him and I'm sure he will to. I don't plan to demote him currently.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

[+] 3 users Like Oni's post

RE: Demote Eclipse #6
Just to cherry pick, he gave you that neg rep 5 months ago, if you had such a problem with racism you should've solved it, 5 months ago @Alex

Eclipse whilst not always the best at his PR he is a good mod and does his job, I'm not his biggest fan nor will I ever be but honestly he is not that bad of a mod he just needs to work on his PR.
[Image: 9JVyFsC.png]
Sig by @Symadox

XMPP: Mi5@DukGo.com

[+] 2 users Like Megan's post

RE: Demote Eclipse #7
(10-28-2015, 10:44 PM).Megan Wrote: Just to cherry pick, he gave you that neg rep 5 months ago, if you had such a problem with racism you should've solved it, 5 months ago @Alex

Eclipse whilst not always the best at his PR he is a good mod and does his job, I'm not his biggest fan nor will I ever be but honestly he is not that bad of a mod he just needs to work on his PR.

That part was just banter. Anyone can junk threads lol.

[+] 1 user Likes Alex's post

RE: Demote Eclipse #8
(10-28-2015, 10:49 PM)Alex Wrote: That part was just banter. Anyone can junk threads lol.

It's worth noting that less is required of staff now, than previously. That's not necessarily a negative reflection on our staff, though.

Spoiler:
@Eclipse/@roger_smith, I'd still love to see you do more.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)


RE: Demote Eclipse #9
(10-28-2015, 10:55 PM)Oni Wrote:
Spoiler:
@Eclipse/@roger_smith, I'd still love to see you do more.

The same could be said for you.


RE: Demote Eclipse #10
(10-28-2015, 11:28 PM)Lux Wrote: The same could be said for you.

Such as?

Spoiler:
I'm busy most of the day, generally with only a couple of hours to spare for SL.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)