Login Register






Change alert placement in page title filter_list
Author
Message
Change alert placement in page title #1
Something that kinda bugs me is when I'm on a thread with a long title and I refresh to see if I have any alerts, I can't see it in the tab, because the thread name cuts it off.

What I propose is changing the position of the alert counter in the tab from after the page title, to before it.

Spoiler: Current
In this case, it's not a problem. But if I was in this thread, it would be cut off.
[Image: hebasuF.png]


Spoiler: Proposed
Something like Facebook's notification counter would suit SL better
[Image: INe0jCH.png]
It's often the outcasts, the iconoclasts ... those who have the least to lose because they
don't have much in the first place, who feel the new currents and ride them the farthest.


RE: Change alert placement in page title #2
This is not a bad idea as it will help as you said with longer titles, but you could just check the alert box at the top of the page?
someone with no history is nothing but suspicious.


RE: Change alert placement in page title #3
(08-26-2015, 04:39 PM)Jare Wrote: This is not a bad idea as it will help as you said with longer titles, but you could just check the alert box at the top of the page?

A lot of the time, I'll immediately tab over to YouTube or StackOverflow or something, so I'm accustomed to checking the tab title.
It's often the outcasts, the iconoclasts ... those who have the least to lose because they
don't have much in the first place, who feel the new currents and ride them the farthest.


RE: Change alert placement in page title #4
(08-26-2015, 04:42 PM)Chitoge Wrote: A lot of the time, I'll immediately tab over to YouTube or StackOverflow or something, so I'm accustomed to checking the tab title.

You could go a step further and have the tab flash like it does when you receive a message on Facebook, that way you will know you have an alert.
someone with no history is nothing but suspicious.

[+] 1 user Likes Exkr's post

RE: Change alert placement in page title #5
(08-26-2015, 04:45 PM)Jare Wrote: You could go a step further and have the tab flash like it does when you receive a message on Facebook, that way you will know you have an alert.

oooh. I like that idea
It's often the outcasts, the iconoclasts ... those who have the least to lose because they
don't have much in the first place, who feel the new currents and ride them the farthest.

[+] 1 user Likes Inori's post

RE: Change alert placement in page title #6
This is an excellent idea. I'm all for it. @Oni


RE: Change alert placement in page title #7
Definitely so.

Given having It placed before the title makes It conspicuous, It makes perfect sense to do so.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]


RE: Change alert placement in page title #8
It would certainly improve the look of it.


RE: Change alert placement in page title #9
(08-26-2015, 04:42 PM)Chitoge Wrote: A lot of the time, I'll immediately tab over to YouTube or StackOverflow or something, so I'm accustomed to checking the tab title.

You should be able to hover over it and see.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)


RE: Change alert placement in page title #10
(08-29-2015, 01:30 PM)Oni Wrote: You should be able to hover over it and see.

Too lazy. You should just move the number of notifications to the left of the title.

[+] 1 user Likes Eclipse's post