RE: Shoutbox maybe? 08-22-2015, 10:41 PM
#11
| Poll: Want a shoutbox? You do not have permission to vote in this poll. |
|||
| Yes | 40.00% |
6 | 40.00% |
| No | 60.00% |
9 | 60.00% |
| Total | 15 vote(s) | 100% | |
| * You voted for this item. | [Show Results] |
| Shoutbox maybe? filter_list | |
RE: Shoutbox maybe? 08-22-2015, 10:45 PM
#12
Personally I'd love something other than skype since skype is a pile of shit resource hog from hell. The ONLY reason I have skype on my machine is because SL chats.
I'd be happy w/ an IRC channel. It would also give us more control of the chat vs having Microsoft looking at everything
I'd be happy w/ an IRC channel. It would also give us more control of the chat vs having Microsoft looking at everything
---
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger
RE: Shoutbox maybe? 08-22-2015, 10:49 PM
#13
(08-22-2015, 10:45 PM)roger_smith Wrote: Personally I'd love something other than skype since skype is a pile of shit resource hog from hell. The ONLY reason I have skype on my machine is because SL chats.
I'd be happy w/ an IRC channel. It would also give us more control of the chat vs having Microsoft looking at everything
The real issue is that people don't always log in to IRC when they go on their computer. Generally, they do log in to Skype, though.
RE: Shoutbox maybe? 08-22-2015, 11:25 PM
#15
(08-22-2015, 10:49 PM)Oni Wrote: The real issue is that people don't always log in to IRC when they go on their computer. Generally, they do log in to Skype, though.
I'm the exact opposite. If you notice me missing for long periods from Skype it's because I restarted my machine for some reason and always forget to load skype back up. Meanwhile, Pidgin is always up and running because I use it for work among other things.
---
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger
RE: Shoutbox maybe? 08-22-2015, 11:32 PM
#17
(08-22-2015, 11:28 PM)Lux Wrote: But why not http://slack.com
Don't get me started on Slack...
---
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger
RE: Shoutbox maybe? 08-23-2015, 12:46 AM
#18
RE: Shoutbox maybe? 08-23-2015, 01:25 AM
#19
We have tried IRC many times before and it fails every time.
RE: Shoutbox maybe? 08-23-2015, 02:32 AM
#20
(08-23-2015, 01:25 AM)Dyme Wrote: We have tried IRC many times before and it fails every time.
but why does it fail? Do people not know how to use IRC?
---
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)

















![[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7ajmN5P.jpg)
















