Login Register






From a Newb to Newbs filter_list
Author
Message
From a Newb to Newbs #1
This is my advice to all those who are wanting to learn C++ but have no guidance. I'm a newb myself, but this post will hopefully help you. Within a few hours, you should be getting the hang of it!

First of all, yes, you need a computer. A computer is the most efficient way to program as far as I'm concerned. It also is able to compile and run programs by itself.

However! You can study on your android device! I would recommend these links (bottom of post; read whole post) to you, personally.

While learning, you may want to challenge yourself. Think about something fun and try it! If you fumble or want to do something, note it and Google it! If you don't find what you're looking for, ask somebody! If you've already given forth effort, we won't be upset, Hell, I'd be glad by someone's devotion to go ahead.

I only have experience programming on windows (I know, I know, boo me.), so I may not be the best to ask for help on Linux and such.

You may want to save or bookmark this post for future reference.


Setting up your C++ programming environment
First of all, this is easier than it sounds. All you have to do is download and install Bloodshed Dev C++. To make a new source, press File then New and select Source. Then you're ready to roll!


_____
If you want your program to wait a few seconds, use...


#include <iostream>
#include <windows.h>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
cout<<"This is seconds before.\n";
Sleep(milliseconds);
cout<<"Seconds after.\n";
}


Be sure to capitalize Sleep, it is important.
____
If you want to get the user to input a word or sentence, etc... and read it out...


#include <iostream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
string Name;
cout << "What is your name?\n";
getline (cin, Name);
cout<<"Salutations, "<<Name<<".\n";
}


If you have any questions or anything else, please feel free to comment here or message me!

Some examples:

[Image: d5b64f184168e62da5b69bc40cdd0d69.jpg]

[Image: 9ec6b7ad8cca1447afda2e3f29bed59c.jpg]


Android C++ Guide:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...for.hacker


MultiLang Compiler:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...inecompilr


Hope this helps!


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #2
(03-07-2015, 04:27 PM)Methylisothiazolinone Wrote: First of all, yes, you need a computer. A computer is the most efficient way to program as far as I'm concerned. It also is able to compile and run programs by itself.

However! You can study on your android device! I would recommend these links (bottom of post; read whole post) to you, personally.

I'd just like to point out that a "computer" (assuming you're talking about a desktop computer or laptop) and an android device are both actual computers.


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #3
(03-07-2015, 04:33 PM)whatever Wrote: I'd just like to point out that a "computer" (assuming you're talking about a desktop computer or laptop) and an android device are both actual computers.
I just believed most would distinguish between android/computers. Even though you are correct. [emoji14] It was late, I was just putting this out there for anyone to read and hopefully learn from.


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #4
Legit member, actually came here and attempted to share something as opposed to immediately demand something from the community.
Welcome to the forum bro!


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #5
Thank you, @Blunt! If there's anything I can help with, I'd love to give it a try for the community. :3


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #6
You should use screenshots instead of a camera. Apart from that, nice tutorial. Also, you might want to include the setup in your tutorial; like, how to setup the environment in Windows.


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #7
(03-07-2015, 06:25 PM)Eclipse Wrote: You should use screenshots instead of a camera. Apart from that, nice tutorial. Also, you might want to include the setup in your tutorial; like, how to setup the environment in Windows.
Thanks a lots. I will edit the post to include that. The reason I had used a camera was because I am posting from my phone, but those were older pictures I had taken. But you are right and I'll use better pictures whenever I can.


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #8
Don't ever suggest Bloodshed Dev C++. Orwells is at least updated and not out of date. Also:
[Image: 9ec6b7ad8cca1447afda2e3f29bed59c.jpg]

What is that last 'if'' doing there? :S And same thing with that 'getline'? They shouldn't be there..


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #9
this is very good well done. i know html and css and javascript and I make my website with it.


RE: From a Newb to Newbs #10
(03-07-2015, 11:03 PM)0xDEAD10CC Wrote: Don't ever suggest Bloodshed Dev C++. Orwells is at least updated and not out of date. Also:
[Image: 9ec6b7ad8cca1447afda2e3f29bed59c.jpg]

What is that last 'if'' doing there? :S And same thing with that 'getline'? They shouldn't be there..
I use it and it works fine. Everyone to their own opinion.
The if and getline were there by accident; I forgot to erase it.
(03-07-2015, 11:21 PM)Baki Billa Wrote: this is very good well done. i know html and css and javascript and I make my website with it.
Thanks a lot, friend.