Login Register






Bought a "green house" today filter_list
Author
Message
Bought a "green house" today #1
Get your head outta the gutter, not that kind of green house!

Howdy,

So I have about an acre of land and I've decided I'd like to offset a majority of my grocery shopping with it. I was burning some time today walking around the feed store and I came upon what they're calling a "green house", which it is, but it's just a 4 shelf unit.

Anyway, I picked it up because it's good for starting seeds and it was only 20 bucks.

It looks like this

[Image: 1043659?rect=0,0,480,480&scl=3.125&id=56Lc_3]

The picture makes it look larger than it really is, but I think it'll work for my needs.

Any gardeners around here?
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #2
You can build your own bigger one very cheap all you need honestly is some wood staked into the grown nicely and some clear plastic sheeting, A lazy man version can cost probably $80 for probably a 10 ft by 10 ft

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #3
(01-19-2015, 03:39 AM)Fire Wrote: You can build your own bigger one very cheap all you need honestly is some wood staked into the grown nicely and some clear plastic sheeting, A lazy man version can cost probably $80 for probably a 10 ft by 10 ft

I certainly like this idea and as my plans expand I'll probably find a place to set something like this up. Thx for the idea Smile
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #4
Cool mate, I planted a tomato before and it died rip.

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #5
What are you growing exactly? Tongue
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #6
(01-19-2015, 03:47 AM)roger_smith Wrote: I certainly like this idea and as my plans expand I'll probably find a place to set something like this up. Thx for the idea Smile

SurvivalHT on youtube did a greenhouse but they did there's a bit on the pricey side and designed it better but if you go for absolute basic and are not trying to get it perfect then you can get it very cheap.

(01-19-2015, 03:34 PM)Oni Wrote: What are you growing exactly? Tongue

He is growing food by the looks of it because he wants to cut down on his grocery bill. And its actually a pretty smart idea.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 03:34 AM by Earth.)

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #7
So far, the list looks something like this:

Pumpkins
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Jalapenos
Green Peppers
Onions
Garlic
Basil
Apples

I'll need to tweak it i'm sure, add some, remove some, but that's ho it stands in this moment in time.
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #8
Me and couple of friends made a Green house in my Backyard. For meh Mum. Took couple of days.

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #9
(01-20-2015, 06:31 PM)Kami Wrote: Me and couple of friends made a Green house in my Backyard. For meh Mum. Took couple of days.

Sounds cool! Did you use a kit, or did you do it from scratch?
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

Reply

RE: Bought a "green house" today #10
(01-20-2015, 04:44 PM)roger_smith Wrote: So far, the list looks something like this:

Pumpkins
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Jalapenos
Green Peppers
Onions
Garlic
Basil
Apples

I'll need to tweak it i'm sure, add some, remove some, but that's ho it stands in this moment in time.

You should send me some Jalapenos to feed my addiction. Stressed

Reply