Login Register






Getting Driver's License soon... filter_list
Author
Message
Getting Driver's License soon... #1
Hey guys. Well, today's the day I finally take the test to get my Driver's License. If anybody wants to give me tips, heads-up, or just wish me luck, comment below Tongue

and I'll post an update thread about if I pass or not.
Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeee!!!!

Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #2
From personal experience, I can tell you that this is where the real learning starts. If anything, I suggest being careful. You're driving something that weighs over 1,000 pounds down the street at high speeds. If you aren't being careful, things can go sourly wrong.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #3
Be very slow on the clutch, try to keep the revs equal so you don't be jumpy (they get bitchy). Ride the clutch for the paralell parking section, maybe drive a low car so you can see the lines from your window Tongue. Make low shifts, they don't realy like noise. Try to keep understeer to a minimum and don't EVER overcorrect. There is no such thing as going too slow, but don't just idle it. You can go 0-4mph above the speed limit, but you can't break any other laws. Keep your foot on the brake at stop lights and downshift to decel. Make slow starts, don't rush up to speed. Blinker EVERY TIME.

Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #4
(01-03-2015, 08:20 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Be very slow on the clutch, try to keep the revs equal so you don't be jumpy (they get bitchy). Ride the clutch for the paralell parking section, maybe drive a low car so you can see the lines from your window Tongue. Make low shifts, they don't realy like noise. Try to keep understeer to a minimum and don't EVER overcorrect. There is no such thing as going too slow, but don't just idle it. You can go 0-4mph above the speed limit, but you can't break any other laws. Keep your foot on the brake at stop lights and downshift to decel. Make slow starts, don't rush up to speed. Blinker EVERY TIME.

You're assuming he drives manual...
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #5
(01-03-2015, 08:27 PM)Oni Wrote: You're assuming he drives manual...

Even if he doesn't, all of those apply except for riding the clutch, just ride the brakes in that sense.

Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #6
Don't be a dumbass like me and speed, you'll lose your license for a while Wink
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #7
(01-03-2015, 08:40 PM)roger_smith Wrote: Don't be a dumbass like me and speed, you'll lose your license for a while Wink

Speeding, yeah... Lost my license shortly after getting it for doing 115mph over. Plus i've gotten bitch slapped multiple times for racing people.

Also, just in case he doesn't really know how to drive (and 4 @Oni for owning an automatic :/) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd8Ip2BzXKE

Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #8
(01-03-2015, 08:40 PM)roger_smith Wrote: Don't be a dumbass like me and speed, you'll lose your license for a while Wink

I agree with Roger on this one, and I in addition advise not to drive under the influence.
[Image: lO8j80T.gif]

there's never not not nuttin

[+] 1 user Likes Saikou's post
Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #9
Just don't over-think/panic, driving is a privilege, it was fairly easy for me as long as you follow the regulations.
Best of luck.
[Image: En0uenW.gif]


Reply

RE: Getting Driver's License soon... #10
(01-04-2015, 02:58 AM)Saikou Wrote: I agree with Roger on this one, and I in addition advise not to drive under the influence.

This cannot be overstated. It might seem worth it while you need a ride from a party and want to go home, but I'd suggest sleeping in the car. It's not worth losing your life as you know it. I recommend meeting people that are responsible. I always have a close friend and make sure they don't drink if I'm doing heavy partying. Never had any issues. In the end, overpriced taxi fare is much better than "buzzed" driving.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post
Reply