RE: Listen to me, "I'm gonna be big" 12-19-2012, 02:32 AM
#11
Welcome bro.. and yea try to learn C++ later when you will have basic knowledge of every aspect in programming..
| Listen to me, "I'm gonna be big" filter_list | |
(12-19-2012, 12:57 AM)LightX Wrote:(12-19-2012, 12:44 AM)MatthewLew Wrote: Why can't I learn C++. It's the best isn't it ?
Well, no one can force you not to, but everyone who knows what they are talking about will tell you to not learn c++ first...It is a VERY complex language. I made that mistake, and got nowhere. Im just trying to help you.
(12-19-2012, 12:57 AM)LightX Wrote:(12-19-2012, 12:44 AM)MatthewLew Wrote: Why can't I learn C++. It's the best isn't it ?
Well, no one can force you not to, but everyone who knows what they are talking about will tell you to not learn c++ first...It is a VERY complex language. I made that mistake, and got nowhere. Im just trying to help you.
(12-19-2012, 06:31 AM)Geoff Wrote:(12-19-2012, 12:57 AM)LightX Wrote:(12-19-2012, 12:44 AM)MatthewLew Wrote: Why can't I learn C++. It's the best isn't it ?
Well, no one can force you not to, but everyone who knows what they are talking about will tell you to not learn c++ first...It is a VERY complex language. I made that mistake, and got nowhere. Im just trying to help you.
Arguably thats what makes it a good choice for a first language. If you have the capacity to put the effort in and learn it, learning to program in essentially any other language will be a piece of cake. You'll also be learning a lot more about how the operating system functions, and quite frankly, will make you a far better hacker because of it.
If i had to redo my programming progression, i would definitely put C++ at the top of my list. Quite frankly im at a point where to know too many other languages well enough, that i have no need to become expert level in C++. I can spit out an application if i need to, and i can research how to do a specific task, but its far more convenient for me to use existing programming knowledge than it is to learn how to do more advanced C++
Just my opinion.
(12-19-2012, 06:31 AM)Geoff Wrote:(12-19-2012, 12:57 AM)LightX Wrote:(12-19-2012, 12:44 AM)MatthewLew Wrote: Why can't I learn C++. It's the best isn't it ?
Well, no one can force you not to, but everyone who knows what they are talking about will tell you to not learn c++ first...It is a VERY complex language. I made that mistake, and got nowhere. Im just trying to help you.
Arguably thats what makes it a good choice for a first language. If you have the capacity to put the effort in and learn it, learning to program in essentially any other language will be a piece of cake. You'll also be learning a lot more about how the operating system functions, and quite frankly, will make you a far better hacker because of it.
If i had to redo my programming progression, i would definitely put C++ at the top of my list. Quite frankly im at a point where to know too many other languages well enough, that i have no need to become expert level in C++. I can spit out an application if i need to, and i can research how to do a specific task, but its far more convenient for me to use existing programming knowledge than it is to learn how to do more advanced C++
Just my opinion.