RE: Time Travel: Future or Past? 08-09-2014, 11:16 PM
#11
I'd rather go back as I am now then have to be a kid again.
| Time Travel: Future or Past? filter_list | |
(08-09-2014, 08:20 AM)Aurora Wrote: If you travel to the future, you'd be behind on everything, ie. How most old people are behind on today's technology. For me, just that thought is degrading. On the other hand, travelling to the past would be profitable, like you said, but you wouldn't have the tech you have today. It's pretty much a dilemma.
![[Image: 5IN9GdK.png]](http://i.imgur.com/5IN9GdK.png)
(08-12-2014, 05:50 AM)mig4ng Wrote: you could go on the past 1 week, win the lotery, and gg
(08-09-2014, 09:35 PM)MiS Wrote: Actually, more specific to what you're asking: if you travel back to the past while you're still alive, are we assuming that you go back into your own body, or you stay in your body and there's two of "you" walking around?
(08-12-2014, 06:32 AM)Adorapuff Wrote: Wouldn't changing things that large have negative effects?
![[Image: 5IN9GdK.png]](http://i.imgur.com/5IN9GdK.png)
(08-09-2014, 07:50 AM)Oni Wrote: Personally, I'd travel to the past. Being able to know the future ahead of time could be profitable. You could manipulate the stock exchange, cheat at the lottery, and make mass fortunes. Of course, you'd be missing out on possible opportunities travelling to the future might hold (such as improvements to technology).
(08-12-2014, 06:32 AM)Adorapuff Wrote: Wouldn't changing things that large have negative effects?
![[Image: TeusoI9.png]](http://i.imgur.com/TeusoI9.png)
![[Image: 5qK1iJK.png]](http://i.imgur.com/5qK1iJK.png)
(08-12-2014, 08:04 PM)Uzinero Wrote: Here's what I'd do:
Travel into the past, I don't know what sort of time period you're saying we'd travel back too, so I guess I'll assume 100 years. Now, what I do is I take some books I made with me, in these books, blueprints and facts. Things that will happen so that I can use them to my advantage, but more than anything it will be blueprints, modern computers, graphics cards, CPU's, modern cars, cameras, mobile phones etc. I would quickly become the richest man in the world whilst also having all the technology invented almost 100 years earlier, allowing humans to become more advanced faster whilst I make a fortune and live like a king. Everybody wins.
![[Image: TeusoI9.png]](http://i.imgur.com/TeusoI9.png)
(08-12-2014, 09:14 PM)cr33pyguy Wrote: I watched a video about this. It was slightly more extreme, but the same basis.
here's a link to the TED talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/thomas_thwaites...om_scratch
basically he does as if he had to do it all himself - build the toaster, starting by getting iron and things all the way to the plastic casing. You'll have to see what happens for yourself.
![[Image: 5qK1iJK.png]](http://i.imgur.com/5qK1iJK.png)