Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 1,256
Threads: 7
RE: What's your protection set up? 04-18-2014, 05:50 AM
#42
Oh god GRSEC.
SELinux( done right ) and the prudence of deleting incriminating files as they become obsolete is a must. Past that, I keep all sensitive data in a fully offline HDD, transferring files via USB as needed.
•
Thirteen Years of Service
Posts: 185
Threads: 4
RE: What's your protection set up? 04-18-2014, 11:24 AM
#45
I'm absolutely naked. (apart from MBAM free)
•
Twelve Years of Service
Posts: 1,224
Threads: 88
RE: What's your protection set up? 04-18-2014, 01:50 PM
#46
Really there is never a way to be 100% protected from attacks unless your computer never connects to the internet, you never plugin removable media, and only you have access to your computer. There will always be a work around to any of the security out there. Thats why the internet is so beautiful to me; you can do anything you want so long as you have the patience and time to do it.
•
Twelve Years of Service
Posts: 11
Threads: 0
RE: What's your protection set up? 04-18-2014, 07:21 PM
#47
Avast + malwarebytes ,also tried avg and nod32 ,but not good as avast.
•
Twelve Years of Service
Posts: 1,224
Threads: 88
RE: What's your protection set up? 04-21-2014, 03:11 AM
#48
Just a little update: I would not reccomend Comodo as I installed it on my computer and about 2 hours later keyboard functions ceased to work, shortcuts stopped working and then my pc crashed. Now it wont boot (screen wont turn on and caps lock led flashing on my hp pavillion g7) so yeah. I might be out a $400 laptop thats about a year old T.T
•
Twelve Years of Service
Posts: 1,441
Threads: 220
RE: What's your protection set up? 04-21-2014, 03:54 AM
#49
Avast! = Great <-- I have this
MalwareBytes = Excellent <-- I have this
SpyBot = Great <-- I have this
AVG = Cancer, browser search hijacker
Comodo = Computer rapist
Norton = Shit
there's never not not nuttin
•