Thirteen Years of Service
Posts: 4,415
Threads: 307
I ain't best at shit... 03-15-2014, 01:26 PM
#1
tl;tr This post has a point, it's not just a bitch fit.
I'm good at Python, but not good enough to make a useful program.
I'm good at Webdev, but not good enough to start a service.
I'm good at design, but not good enough to do it for people.
I'm good at SE, but not good enough to make a living out of it.
This could go on and on...
Well, it seems as thought I'm not really the best at shit :/
The point of this thread, however, is to ask you, SL, what you're the best at.
•
Thirteen Years of Service
Posts: 2,258
Threads: 268
RE: I ain't best at shit... 03-15-2014, 01:37 PM
#2
According to most people on SL, I am rendered useless.
I am good at Python, but everyone bitches because there's errors in it; I know there's some errors. Nobody even looks at the bright side or asks me to make something.
The end.
•
Twelve Years of Service
Posts: 23
Threads: 1
RE: I ain't best at shit... 03-15-2014, 01:56 PM
#3
I'm good at lots of stuff I guess
but it seems like I'm just too lazy to do it
and then I get so angry at myself
so I set myself another unachievable goal or errand to do
and then the cycle repeats
i really am useless. I am good at being a lazy, useless kid
petpetpetpetptpeptepte pt epeppe tp et t tt e t
•
Thirteen Years of Service
Posts: 4,894
Threads: 295
RE: I ain't best at shit... 03-15-2014, 02:10 PM
#4
Just keep practicing pal. Also you're still not good at any of those (No offence) You just simply know how to do stuff, but not good. I mean this post in a nice way. :$
Hidden Lesson: Reactions are always instinctive whereas responses are always well thought of.
•
Twelve Years of Service
Posts: 23
Threads: 1
RE: I ain't best at shit... 03-15-2014, 02:31 PM
#6
Also, learning is essential!
I like to read docs about whatever is out there using spreeder or either do a text to speech
(while I'm playing a game or just slacking off and chatting with friends)
I find that reading the original docs or the wiki (e.g. nginx) helps lots with what you are trying to be good at.
I have noticed that lots of people just look at third party direct tutorials since some of the vocabulary in the docs might seem very different than what is normally known.
What I do to to learn the vocabulary range is to do a quick Google search! Its like learning two things at once!
The next step I do for learning code, is that once I know the basic structure/formatting, I go to pastebin or github and look at other people's code of that particular language I am trying to improve on.
I look at the code, run it, modify some pointers in it, and ta-da~! It has shown a result in what I did!
I keep doing that, then I go make a smaller modified version of it, then I start from scratch.
Just thought I would share my learning process. Once I actually finish the learning process, I can't be bothered doing anything else beyond it.
Too lazy to do anything other than learning ~ ~ ~
petpetpetpetptpeptepte pt epeppe tp et t tt e t
•