Login Register






What is the greatest game of all time and why ? filter_list
Author
Message
What is the greatest game of all time and why ? #1
I'll start and some of you will see this one coming - The Last of Us

Im not going to get into which of the 2 games is better, just going to talk about the franchise. The narrative is engaging, emotional and relatable from start to finish; you don't need to be a parent to understand and relate the bond that Joel and Ellie develop throughout the story. Every single gameplay sequence whether action focused, stealth or just exploration has an undeniable cinematic look and feel to it. Often you feel like you are playing an interactive movie becuase of how each section is framed and this is kept up consistently throughout the game.

Im a stealth guy and the stealth system in those games has quite a large skill ceiling when you crank up the difficulty, i highly recommend any serious players give it a go on the hardest difficulty as this is where the gameplay really shines.

For me it is the grittiest, most heartbreaking and definitely most believable portrayal of a zombie infested post apocalyptic world. Everything from the way the different types of infected are based on real biological phenomenon to how brutal and savage we become as humans in that post apocalypic setting is done perfectly.
[Image: sACp5IB.gif]

Blade right hand, heat left
Large retailers, bereft
As master of seal
Undetected I steal

Reply

RE: What is the greatest game of all time and why ? #2
I love to play GTA 5 but I don't know why

Reply

RE: What is the greatest game of all time and why ? #3
After some upgrades recently I fired that up for the first time in years for benchmarks, I forgot how much fun the story missions are. The cutscenes have some hilarious dialogue.
[Image: sACp5IB.gif]

Blade right hand, heat left
Large retailers, bereft
As master of seal
Undetected I steal

Reply

RE: What is the greatest game of all time and why ? #4
Minecraft, because it was my childhood

Reply

RE: What is the greatest game of all time and why ? #5
Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt together for me.
[Image: Y9iTxCX.png] icallsh0tgun

Reply

RE: What is the greatest game of all time and why ? #6
MGS2 for me. Totally groundbreaking at the time, miles ahead of anything else available. An absolute masterpiece

Reply

RE: What is the greatest game of all time and why ? #7
(12-11-2023, 10:12 PM)BAL24 Wrote: MGS2 for me. Totally groundbreaking at the time, miles ahead of anything else available. An absolute masterpiece
One of the greatest games of all time and a highlight of the series on nearly every front.
[Image: Y9iTxCX.png] icallsh0tgun

Reply

RE: What is the greatest game of all time and why ? #8
For me it will probably have to be mass effect 2. I love space and this game hit every nail on the head. It was tons of fun and had a great story.

Reply