Login Register






Do You Judge People by Looks? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #31
I try not to but I feel like it still influences my impression of them until i meet them

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #32
I'm pretty honest about this. Yeah I do judge people on looks. I usually treat attractive girls differently too. But I don't make any strong assumptions on looks. I try to have a rational view on top of my natural presumptions.

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #33
(10-28-2022, 08:44 PM)Definisterly Wrote: But I don't make any strong assumptions on looks.
Good to read.

Looks can be very deceiving.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #34
Sadly yes,

But not on a "quality" judgment
More on "this person dress like this, he is probably [going to the gym, is rich, is homeless etc] and it's normal.
I'm pretty sure we all suffer from this biaise anyway.

I remeber there is a study showing that, during a court trial "people who have been objectively judged as beautiful" recieved a less serious sentecne than the ones judged as less attactive

https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2010/05...rice-court

[edit] add the study
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 06:17 PM by sushininja.)

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #35
No, I don't. Ok a little bit, especially when I guess that guy or that girl is very conservative on societal problematics.

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #36
A large portion of a person's appearance was intentionally engendered to tell the world who they are. How they dress, groom themselves, whether they have any body modification, and an abundance of other factors of a person's appearance are culled by them.

With that being said, I do not believe it is fair to judge someone predicated on other physical characteristics they may not be in control of.
[Image: Y9iTxCX.png] icallsh0tgun

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #37
I never do that and I don't advise you to do that either

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #38
yes, I think you always do with or without consent

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #39
Everyone who says they dont most likely do.
I want to say no but sometimes by default i manage to do it.

Reply

RE: Do You Judge People by Looks? #40
I think it's impossibly to not judge people by looks, Obviously it shouldn't be the only thing.

Reply