RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here 08-28-2022, 03:09 PM
#21
how many calories would you suggest for someone trying to gain a few pounds
| If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here filter_list | |
(08-28-2022, 12:22 PM)Jidxja Wrote:Much appreciate the In depth recommendations - very useful Information that I'll certainly take onboard.(08-28-2022, 12:10 PM)mothered Wrote:(08-28-2022, 11:49 AM)Jidxja Wrote: For someone who just started at the gym I'd recommend sticking to a full body split. Training everything in 1 day, 4 times a week.So that's chest, biceps, triceps, traps, lats, delts, abs and legs In one session?
(08-28-2022, 11:49 AM)Jidxja Wrote: Also, what are your goals? losing weight? gaining muscle?I'm pretty tall at 198 cm and very thin (you can actually see my ribcage), so I'm looking to put on a little muscle but not bulk up, just ripped.
Hahaha, no.
Please search online for some good full body splits, you usually work everything in the week, not in each day, for example you might have delts in one day and that's it, but you will have everyday chest, back and legs, the biggest groups out there. the rest are accesory exercises that come after and are done sometimes a week. You can search online for some good exercises and how to split them accordingly.
As for being thin, I started there too, I'm not that tall as you, i'm 187, you cannot see my ribcage now, but you could've before, i gained like 1/5th of my weight in 8 months hahaha, and i'm still ripped, just bigger muscles.
You need to go on a calorie surplus too, calculate it and add 500 over if you wanna put on a little tiny bit of fat too (which if you are extremely thin will deposit as intramuscular fat, like beef, who has those striations of fat, not fat above the muscle).
But I warn you, I don't want to discourage you or anything. It's really really hard to eat. Before I thought I was eating enough. I wasn't. First 2 months were awful, stuffing myself up with food until i was about to vomit, and then i'd take a pause and eat more. Now everything is better but eating is still a torture to me. Mentally and physically.
So if you want to embark on this journey, prepare yourself because it is one hell of a journey, but worth it in the end.
(08-28-2022, 12:15 PM)ayrotakesws Wrote:If you are a beginner, yes, I recommend going full body 4 times a week, but with 2 days on, 1 day off, and then 2 days on. Rest is really really important i can't stress it enough(rest from the gym and getting a good sleep), and if you are on the skinnier side, please make sure to eat.(08-28-2022, 12:06 PM)Jidxja Wrote: 0.8/lbs, not kgs. 0.8/kg is very very low, it's easy to take in protein so don't worry about it.
As for calories, you can calculate your maintenance on some calorie site and then go a little above it to ensure you are in a surplus. I don't know those measurements to give you a number of calories you have to eat per day.
OHH, so it's per lbs, thought it was per kg. I'd rather not say my weight as it's rather low and embarassing, but i guess i'll go for 2 per KG. That should be perfect for me. Also as I saw you say earlier, should I work out all of my body every day? Cus I was doing gym 4 days a week, mon-thu.
You can read what i told @mothered about eating.
Brother, you have no reason to be embarassed about your weight, i'm pretty tall and i had to say i was looking like some african kid who never saw food in his life when i 1st stepped up in the gym.
One guy came to me and asked me how much i weighed, and i told him, his answer was: damn, my wife weighs more than you.
I didnt let that stop me though.
I hate food very much, this is why i was skinny, and now i'm still struggling to eat. I don't like eating in general, wish we didn't have to eat as humans. Maybe i have some mental problems lol
(08-28-2022, 03:09 PM)vektyna Wrote: how many calories would you suggest for someone trying to gain a few poundscalorie surplus. of 200 300 maximum 500
(08-28-2022, 06:02 PM)LilWilly Wrote: Hey, amazing read so far in this thread; lots of useful info.For workouts. You could try full body/PHUL, I am currently on PHUL and it works very fine, Power hypertrophy upper lower. You can search them on google.
I'm a rather peculiar build perhaps at 6'7 (201cm) and 12 stone, and have always struggled to gain weight due to my insane metabolism.
Done a lot of home workouts and body weight training in pullups, skull crushers, pushups and loads of ab work for a few years now but haven't really seen good gains just overall more toned.
Tried to be a calorie surplus for awhile now with a high protein diet but again haven't changed. weight Considering going to a gym from now on and go hard with workouts and protein shakes with high calorie content. Wondered if you had any tips for workouts/diet

(09-07-2022, 01:02 PM)akers983 Wrote: I want to lose some weight and at the same time build muscles. Can I do it on a calorie deficit?hmm, no, you need to do a recomp, which is actually possible but you need to be eating at maintenance with high protein, recomp is the hardest to do because you need to track everything.