Login Register






If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here filter_list
Author
Message
If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #1
As the title says, I'm pretty knowledged when it comes to nutrition and gym, if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll gladly answer. Cool
[Image: LmpwZw]
Suffering builds character.

Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #2
In terms of getting ripped, do you recommend light weights and more repetitions?

Most Importantly, what type of diet Is best suited?
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post
Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #3
(08-28-2022, 03:52 AM)mothered Wrote: In terms of getting ripped, do you recommend light weights and more repetitions?

Most Importantly, what type of diet Is best suited?

I've been going to the gym for a good few years myself and that topic is very debated, but over the last few years people have been promoting doing heavy reps within 6-8 reps for muscle gain. but this is all personal and everyone will put on muscle as long as they're pushing themselves to the limit.

Where as getting ripped, all of that is done in the kitchen eating high protein and low calorie food. Red meat is great for that.

Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #4
(08-28-2022, 10:39 AM)Karyzelka Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 03:52 AM)mothered Wrote: In terms of getting ripped, do you recommend light weights and more repetitions?

Most Importantly, what type of diet Is best suited?

I've been going to the gym for a good few years myself and that topic is very debated, but over the last few years people have been promoting doing heavy reps within 6-8 reps for muscle gain. but this is all personal and everyone will put on muscle as long as they're pushing themselves to the limit.

Where as getting ripped, all of that is done in the kitchen eating high protein and low calorie food. Red meat is great for that.
You've explained It very well Indeed.

It gives me a good Indication of the type of regime to use.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post
Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #5
(08-28-2022, 11:03 AM)mothered Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 10:39 AM)Karyzelka Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 03:52 AM)mothered Wrote: In terms of getting ripped, do you recommend light weights and more repetitions?

Most Importantly, what type of diet Is best suited?

I've been going to the gym for a good few years myself and that topic is very debated, but over the last few years people have been promoting doing heavy reps within 6-8 reps for muscle gain. but this is all personal and everyone will put on muscle as long as they're pushing themselves to the limit.

Where as getting ripped, all of that is done in the kitchen eating high protein and low calorie food. Red meat is great for that.
You've explained It very well Indeed.

It gives me a good Indication of the type of regime to use.

Are you in a gym? or planning on joining?

Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #6
(08-28-2022, 03:52 AM)mothered Wrote: In terms of getting ripped, do you recommend light weights and more repetitions?

Most Importantly, what type of diet Is best suited?
Well if by getting ripped you mean shredded that is all about a low body fat % and muscle mass.
Hypertrophy is about building the most muscle mass. 8-12 reps is the ideal range that most people use and work. More than that you are building endurance. I go maximum 15 for my side delts sometimes if I feel good about it but no more than this.
If you do 3 sets per exercise you can do like 12 reps, 1st set, 10 reps 2nd and 8 3rd, or something like this, or you can do an inverse pyramid. The weight you use matters too!
As for being shredded, it's all about going through a bulking phase(calorie surplus) to build muscle, then going on a cut to lose the fat you put on and become shredded(aka have a low body fat %)
As for the diet I recommend it really depends on the person and what their goals are. I can't say anything out of the blue, just give some tips like, eat less sugar, drink more water(minimum 3l/day) and eat some fruits/vegetables.
Cutting added sugar out of my diet really improved my life, I remember I went 2 weeks without eating sweets and bought a dark chocolate(before this i hated it), it was really good and sweet now, i lost my tolerance to sugar. I also remember going out with a date and her giving me a spoon of cake and i almost spat it out by how sweet it was, felt like i was going to vomit.
So tldr; i need to know more to recommend a diet. The only thing i can recommend is to be sure you get your macronutrients and micronutrients and eat at a calorie maintenance if your goal is to be the same weight. Smile

(08-28-2022, 10:39 AM)Karyzelka Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 03:52 AM)mothered Wrote: In terms of getting ripped, do you recommend light weights and more repetitions?

Most Importantly, what type of diet Is best suited?

I've been going to the gym for a good few years myself and that topic is very debated, but over the last few years people have been promoting doing heavy reps within 6-8 reps for muscle gain. but this is all personal and everyone will put on muscle as long as they're pushing themselves to the limit.

Where as getting ripped, all of that is done in the kitchen eating high protein and low calorie food. Red meat is great for that.
I forgot to add this, you need to be going to failure if you want to build muscle, not every set because that will fatigue you very much but some sets. It all depends on the other person, someone may be a high responder who responds better to higher reps/higher volume, someone may be a low responder, who respond better to lower reps and volume.
I recommend watching house of hypertrophy on youtube.
Also rest is very important, when doing compound sets make sure to have 2-3 minutes of rest between sets. (The channel I said has a video on this with studies etc.)
It is all debatable because you can reach the same result going a few different ways, this guy had a video where if you do 3 sets with high intensity vs 4 sets with a bit lower intensity, the muscle protein synthesis is the same.

Also I want to make a few additions, having a nice body is 25% going to the gym and 75% diet, gym is just for stimulating the muscle to grow but a high protein diet and calorie surplus is necessary to build the most muscle. For protein i try to aim for 2g-2.2g/kg(lean body mass). If you are 300kgs you don't need 600g of protein because most of that weight is fat.
Also having a nice body is about genetics, and hormones. Testosterone plays a HUGEEE role in building muscle. This is why people take steroids.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 11:30 AM by Jidxja.)
[Image: LmpwZw]
Suffering builds character.

[+] 1 user Likes Jidxja's post
Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #7
(08-28-2022, 11:12 AM)Karyzelka Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 11:03 AM)mothered Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 10:39 AM)Karyzelka Wrote: I've been going to the gym for a good few years myself and that topic is very debated, but over the last few years people have been promoting doing heavy reps within 6-8 reps for muscle gain. but this is all personal and everyone will put on muscle as long as they're pushing themselves to the limit.

Where as getting ripped, all of that is done in the kitchen eating high protein and low calorie food. Red meat is great for that.
You've explained It very well Indeed.

It gives me a good Indication of the type of regime to use.

Are you in a gym? or planning on joining?
Looking to join.

I used to train In my younger days, but never had any real guidance, particularly with an appropriate eating plan.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #8
(08-28-2022, 11:45 AM)mothered Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 11:12 AM)Karyzelka Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 11:03 AM)mothered Wrote: You've explained It very well Indeed.

It gives me a good Indication of the type of regime to use.

Are you in a gym? or planning on joining?
Looking to join.

I used to train In my younger days, but never had any real guidance, particularly with an appropriate eating plan.
For someone who just started at the gym I'd recommend sticking to a full body split. Training everything in 1 day, 4 times a week.
Also, what are your goals? losing weight? gaining muscle?
[Image: LmpwZw]
Suffering builds character.

Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #9
(08-27-2022, 08:27 PM)Jidxja Wrote: As the title says, I'm pretty knowledged when it comes to nutrition and gym, if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll gladly answer. Cool

Happy I came across this thread, I think i'm in perfect shape to start working out. I've been going gym for the past month, was wondering if, doing more light reps is better then less heavy reps is better for gaining weight muscle? And would it not be bad for your back in long term?
And also, what's the daily protein intake needed? And calori intake?
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 11:51 AM by ayrotakesws.)
ayro

Reply

RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here #10
(08-28-2022, 11:50 AM)ayrotakesws Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 08:27 PM)Jidxja Wrote: As the title says, I'm pretty knowledged when it comes to nutrition and gym, if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll gladly answer. Cool

Happy I came across this thread, I think i'm in perfect shape to start working out. I've been going gym for the past month, was wondering if, doing more light reps is better then less heavy reps is better for gaining weight muscle? And would it not be bad for your back in long term?
And also, what's the daily protein intake needed? And calori intake?

1. Going to failure on one set per exercise and going hard on the other but leaving 2 3 more reps in the tank is a good rep range. maximum 5 reps for strength with higher weight and 8-12 for hypertrophy(building muscle).
2.If you know what you re doing it wouldn't be bad for your back, go watch some youtube tutorials for the exercises, squats and deadlifts can fuck up your back if you don't have good form.
3. Protein intake 2g-2.2g/kg(if you are not obese and have like 30-50% body fat.
And for calorie intake it all depends on the person's calorie maintenance, you want to be in a slight calorie surplus to build muscle.
[Image: LmpwZw]
Suffering builds character.

Reply