Login Register






Otaku Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note filter_list
Author
Message
Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #1
[Image: toast.jpeg]

A Twitch streamer by the name of Disguised Toast was banned from Twitch in January after livestreaming Death Note during his stream.  Some streamers call this kind of content "reaction streams" and have called it part of the TV Meta in streaming. This kind of content has turned out to be very popular. However, several streamers have been banned for it, including the ever famous Pokimane, who received a 48 hour ban for streaming the Avatar: The Last Airbender (TV show).

Code:
The ban occurred mere minutes away from a climactic scene in the anime, prompting Disguised Toast to tweet: "they really couldn't have waited 20 more minutes huh." He later posted a parody ending of the series, calling it "the full ending of Eton Htead." ___________________________________________________________ In an archived clip from a Just Chatting stream on Saturday, Disguised Toast said that he started watching Naruto to see "how far I could push the DMCA business," but that he learned to understand the appeal of reaction content. In the same stream, Disguised Toast also reacted to a comment from a viewer arguing that streamers watching copyrighted content "are not understanding what will happen on a big scale." He said, "Oh no, billion dollar company going to lose out on some money" while performing a fake crying motion.
Source

So fun question, if you were willing to take a ban for watching anime live on stream, what show would you go for?
I'd be tempted to go for a horror show, as horror games go down so well on twitch, maybe there'd be an amusing side to horror anime on Twitch xD
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #2
Personally mine would be Made in Abyss. Stunning visuals, a great story and is a great adventure story which would be great to watch with multiple people.

Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #3
(02-09-2022, 12:31 AM)Shadow_Hopper Wrote: Personally mine would be Made in Abyss. Stunning visuals, a great story and is a great adventure story which would be great to watch with multiple people.

Ah so you've gone for something you feel would just be a really good watch. A long time ago, we used to run the odd watch party with SL members online for a few anime shows.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #4
Don't know if you've heard of it, but I think I'd go for Prison School. If I'm gonna get banned on Twitch, it might as well be for streaming the most hilariously retarded anime I know of xD

[+] 1 user Likes Shionari's post
Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #5
(02-11-2022, 12:06 AM)Shionari Wrote: Don't know if you've heard of it, but I think I'd go for Prison School. If I'm gonna get banned on Twitch, it might as well be for streaming the most hilariously retarded anime I know of xD

I feel like that could end up being highly memeable depending in which point in the show you got banned XD
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #6
(02-12-2022, 08:31 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 12:06 AM)Shionari Wrote: Don't know if you've heard of it, but I think I'd go for Prison School. If I'm gonna get banned on Twitch, it might as well be for streaming the most hilariously retarded anime I know of xD
I feel like that could end up being highly memeable depending in which point in the show you got banned XD

So, for example, something like this? xD
Spoiler:
Me when I get banned from Twitch for streaming Prison School:
Spoiler:
[Image: o1GrCs9.png]


Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #7
(02-14-2022, 12:40 AM)Shionari Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 08:31 AM)Jiggly Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 12:06 AM)Shionari Wrote: Don't know if you've heard of it, but I think I'd go for Prison School. If I'm gonna get banned on Twitch, it might as well be for streaming the most hilariously retarded anime I know of xD
I feel like that could end up being highly memeable depending in which point in the show you got banned XD

So, for example, something like this? xD
Spoiler:
Me when I get banned from Twitch for streaming Prison School:
Spoiler:
[Image: o1GrCs9.png]


Lol! Yes!
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #8
Honestly this is just gonna keep happening, lmao. Not even just with anime it happened with fucking Gordon Ramsay shows, too

Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #9
Its copyrighted material. What did you expect would happen? Doing this is just asking for trouble.

Reply

RE: Twitch Streamer Banned for Streaming Death Note #10
Had friends that straight streamed blockbusters or MMA fights, but the reality is that any sizable channel will get taken down for it.

Generally speaking, fair use doesn't cover people sharing or streaming paid content in its entirety.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply