Four Years of Service
Posts: 12
Threads: 4
What was your introduction to SE? 11-12-2021, 04:03 PM
#1
Was just curious when and how yall got introduced to SE as a skill. I mean, yah, you can say it is something you in essence practice throughout life to some degree, but when you figured out how you can actually apply social skills, charm and the like to benefit you, where were you and how did it happen? For me, personally, I had a buddy from a FB page we adminned together tell me about LeakForums, almost a decade ago now.
•
Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 74,287
Threads: 317
RE: What was your introduction to SE? 11-12-2021, 04:16 PM
#2
Personally, SEing Is a natural ability, but I Identified It as social engineering a little over 30 years ago.
•
Four Years of Service
Posts: 7
Threads: 0
RE: What was your introduction to SE? 11-13-2021, 06:34 AM
#5
I was introduced to SEing when yung Canna found a grey-hat site, and signed up to it at the ripe age of 13. Good times, learned how to do it well, but realized the amount of shit you can get into it, if you get caught. So I started a market for it.
•
Seven Years of Service
Posts: 107
Threads: 9
RE: What was your introduction to SE? 11-14-2021, 03:57 AM
#9
My friend told me about refunding so I decided to give it a shot. I didn't know any better and DNAed a big ass 3k+ truck of a computer and immediately got refunded with no trouble or questions asked.
This lead me to believe things were very very easy to get away with which lead to losing a nice chunk of change and being very obvious with what I was trying to do. I had a customer support rep tell me once "Look, I know what you're trying to do. I understand completely. It's a nice try, I respect the hustle but it's not going to happen." All under my real name too. Sick stuff! Pretty hilarious to me now.
It's nice to get lucky now and again with something TOO easy but I always prepare properly whether I need it or not.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I'm a sheep in wolves clothing
•