Five Years of Service
Posts: 1,507
Threads: 194
“A Man Should Not Cry” 08-13-2021, 08:44 AM
#1
What do you think about this statement?
It dismays the salubrious expression of emotion which can lead to incremented aggression (which is not dismayed proximately as much in men), it leads to dismissal of emotion in women, and a lot more quandaries that I could go on about.
Everybody has the right to express their emotions however they seem fit. Man is human, and all emotions are valid.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 08:44 AM by Accident Man.)
•
Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 19,151
Threads: 2,067
RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” 08-13-2021, 10:19 AM
#2
Suppress all you want, eventually those emotions will materialize in some form. I'd argue it's only a problem if it prevents you from living an otherwise normal life. Sometimes being able to regulate your emotions is a necessary skill. I've only cried when friends or family members have died (and maybe 1-2 films).
•
Six Years of Service
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” 08-15-2021, 05:21 AM
#5
I'm a man, last time I checked, and I've been known to cry on many occasions, including the watching of Forrest Gump for some strange reason. I'll admit it, why lie?
•
Seven Years of Service
Posts: 1,178
Threads: 144
RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” 08-15-2021, 10:08 PM
#7
I am a firm believer in therapy and believe that it carries weight with this. No, a man should not suppress his feelings; but he should also surround himself with those he can confide in, and trust they will help build/recover together without negative judgement.
Telegram: pjspooky
Discord: 99xyz
Kik: tweaker
•
Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 74,287
Threads: 317
RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” 08-16-2021, 12:08 PM
#9
So far, all discussions relate to sadness.
Do remember that crying also expresses emotions of joy and happiness.
•
Nine Years of Service
Posts: 366
Threads: 10
RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” 08-16-2021, 12:19 PM
#10
For me, crying is a way to cope with my feelings. Unfortunately, I have been to a lot of funerals of close friends and altought i hate being on funerals, being present and crying helps me close that relationship with good memories.
Same for moments of happiness, crying when I'm extremely happy, it makes people around me understand better how I feel.
I agree that is ok to express yourself near the people that you are close with. I do not do the same with others.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 12:21 PM by KuhakuWolf.)
•