Login Register






“A Man Should Not Cry” filter_list
Author
Message
“A Man Should Not Cry” #1
What do you think about this statement?

It dismays the salubrious expression of emotion which can lead to incremented aggression (which is not dismayed proximately as much in men), it leads to dismissal of emotion in women, and a lot more quandaries that I could go on about.

Everybody has the right to express their emotions however they seem fit. Man is human, and all emotions are valid.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 08:44 AM by Accident Man.)

Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #2
Suppress all you want, eventually those emotions will materialize in some form. I'd argue it's only a problem if it prevents you from living an otherwise normal life. Sometimes being able to regulate your emotions is a necessary skill. I've only cried when friends or family members have died (and maybe 1-2 films).
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Telegram: Oni_SL (Link)

Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #3
Personally, I'm not the emotional type and I've yet to shed a tear In my adult life - and It's a long one Indeed with a number of tragedies along the way.

But that's just how I deal with matters, not by choice, but by nature.

Quote:"A Man Should Not Cry"
My question Is: "how and why Is It deemed Inappropriate?"
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #4
(08-13-2021, 10:38 AM)mothered Wrote: Personally, I'm not the emotional type and I've yet to shed a tear In my adult life - and It's a long one Indeed with a number of tragedies along the way.

But that's just how I deal with matters, not by choice, but by nature.

Quote:"A Man Should Not Cry"
My question Is: "how and why Is It deemed Inappropriate?"
Unfortunately, men do feel that a lot of women expect them to "be a man" and not cry and complain about anything, especially if it has to do with women. This double-standard really sucks, as when women cry and complain, men are expected to listen or else be ostracized.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 10:50 AM by Accident Man.)

[+] 1 user Likes Accident Man's post
Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #5
I'm a man, last time I checked, and I've been known to cry on many occasions, including the watching of Forrest Gump for some strange reason. I'll admit it, why lie?

Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #6
(08-15-2021, 05:21 AM)Luke420NM Wrote: I've been known to cry on many occasions, including the watching of Forrest Gump for some strange reason. 
You're not alone.

A couple of my male friends were also very emotional after watching It.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #7
I am a firm believer in therapy and believe that it carries weight with this. No, a man should not suppress his feelings; but he should also surround himself with those he can confide in, and trust they will help build/recover together without negative judgement.
Telegram: pjspooky
Discord: 99xyz
Kik: tweaker

Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #8
(08-13-2021, 08:44 AM)Party Pete Wrote: What do you think about this statement?

It dismays the salubrious expression of emotion which can lead to incremented aggression (which is not dismayed proximately as much in men), it leads to dismissal of emotion in women, and a lot more quandaries that I could go on about.

Everybody has the right to express their emotions however they seem fit. Man is human, and all emotions are valid.

In my opinion crying is not necessarily expressing emotions, if you're being an unreasonable whiny b*tch and crying in order to try and persuade people to give you stuff (which is a baby's survival tactic) or manipulate someone into thinking they're in the wrong- you aren't being a good person. Applies to both genders.

However, if you are expressing your emotions or sadness, that is perfectly natural and rational for all humans. The people who say "men shouldn't cry" are usually the ones who preach fake hyper-masculinity, which is ironic because going out of your way to tell someone they shouldn't express their natural emotions, is not masculine at all.

I remember years back, I received some shitty news regarding my education. I didn't know how to process it, and cried for the first time in a long time. The clarity I had a few hours later was fascinating. I cried because I felt like a disappointment and I knew I underperformed. I was physically forced to both express visible sadness, and deeply think about my issues, which in the end helped massively.

Humans do it for a reason.

Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #9
So far, all discussions relate to sadness.

Do remember that crying also expresses emotions of joy and happiness.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

Reply

RE: “A Man Should Not Cry” #10
For me, crying is a way to cope with my feelings. Unfortunately, I have been to a lot of funerals of close friends and altought i hate being on funerals, being present and crying helps me close that relationship with good memories.
Same for moments of happiness, crying when I'm extremely happy, it makes people around me understand better how I feel.

I agree that is ok to express yourself near the people that you are close with. I do not do the same with others.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 12:21 PM by KuhakuWolf.)

Reply