Five Years of Service
Posts: 1,507
Threads: 194
RE: Steve Wozniak backs right-to-repair 07-11-2021, 12:37 PM
#2
Steve Wozniak is cool. Always has been.
Seven Years of Service
Posts: 1,178
Threads: 144
RE: Steve Wozniak backs right-to-repair 07-12-2021, 06:52 PM
#3
Steve Wozniak is based af. The right to repair has been fought for since Apple came around with Apple Care. They lost the fight to be legally able to prevent jailbreaks so they are trying hard now to prevent simple repairs on your own devices.
Telegram: pjspooky
Discord: 99xyz
Kik: tweaker
•
Fourteen Years of Service
Posts: 19,151
Threads: 2,067
RE: Steve Wozniak backs right-to-repair 07-13-2021, 07:30 AM
#5
Allowing consumers to repair their devices would be great. However, forcing businesses to comply through the legal system, would be restrictive of their freedoms.
The following 1 user Likes Oni's post:1 user Likes Oni's post
• Jiggly
Nine Years of Service
Posts: 3,093
Threads: 132
RE: Steve Wozniak backs right-to-repair 07-13-2021, 09:34 PM
#8
I actually watched this video last night, and I wasn't expecting it to be as amazing as it was. I never knew Wozniak was such a staunch supporter of right-to-repair.
No matter how you see it, selling your product to a consumer, and then not allowing the consumer to maintenance their product that they now own, is outlandish.
Thirteen Years of Service
Posts: 7,934
Threads: 708
RE: Steve Wozniak backs right-to-repair 07-13-2021, 10:45 PM
#9
To me, the fact that right-to-repair isn't common place is just WEIRD. Like, why do I have to go give you money to fix this when I know how to do it myself/can do it myself?
•