Login Register






Best anime of 2020? filter_list
Author
Message
Best anime of 2020? #1
I'm firmly in the seat that either Akudama Drive or Deca-Dence was the best anime this year. Below are some mini-reviews of my favorites.

Akudama Drive starts out playing itself as an 80's crime thriller. It's incredibly silly and applies the rule of cool in all scenarios. However, Akudama drive, about halfway through, unexpectedly decides it's time to be emotional. And it takes that to it's logical conclusion.

Deca-Dence looks like an attack on titan clone at first glance. I reassure you, it is not. To tell you what it's about without spoiling the plot, understand that the writer took great lengths of inspiration from Wreck-it Ralph. It's very much a commentary on the Japanese penal system.

Ishuzoku Reviewers is genuinely one of the funnier comedies I've seen lately. It takes the question of "If you could have sex with any humanoid species, which one?" to the extreme. Every episode typically involves the main cast reviewing their time at a whore house for a particular species.

Keep Your Hands off Eizouken! is an anime about a group of school kids who want to make anime. It's incredibly inspirational, and the scenes where the kids are paroozing their imaginations are wonderfully animated. The soundtrack is very well designed, and it seems like there was generally a ton of work put into just making this an incredibly cozy, feel-good anime.

[+] 1 user Likes BagelBox's post
Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #2
I think that my Hero Academia is one the best anime shows of 2020

Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #3
(01-16-2021, 01:00 PM)FaithMartin Wrote: I think that my Hero Academia is one the best anime shows of 2020
IMHO Made in Abyss: Fukake Tamashii no Reimei si the best anime 2020

Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #4
Jujutsu Kaisen, seems pretty good and of course Attack on TItan

Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #5
I think that Attack on Titan is the best anime in last years

Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #6
Jujutsu Kaisen is amazing in my opinion

Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #7
I have watched Vinland Saga, it is amazing

Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #8
For me the best anime of 2020 is volleyball

Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #9
I've been thinking for a long time, but I can't decide((((

Reply

RE: Best anime of 2020? #10
(01-04-2021, 10:19 AM)BagelBox Wrote: I'm firmly in the seat that either Akudama Drive or Deca-Dence was the best anime this year. Below are some mini-reviews of my favorites.

Akudama Drive starts out playing itself as an 80's crime thriller. It's incredibly silly and applies the rule of cool in all scenarios. However, Akudama drive, about halfway through, unexpectedly decides it's time to be emotional. And it takes that to it's logical conclusion.

Deca-Dence looks like an attack on titan clone at first glance. I reassure you, it is not. To tell you what it's about without spoiling the plot, understand that the writer took great lengths of inspiration from Wreck-it Ralph. It's very much a commentary on the Japanese penal system.

Ishuzoku Reviewers is genuinely one of the funnier comedies I've seen lately. It takes the question of "If you could have sex with any humanoid species, which one?" to the extreme. Every episode typically involves the main cast reviewing their time at a whore house for a particular species.

Keep Your Hands off Eizouken! is an anime about a group of school kids who want to make anime. It's incredibly inspirational, and the scenes where the kids are paroozing their imaginations are wonderfully animated. The soundtrack is very well designed, and it seems like there was generally a ton of work put into just making this an incredibly cozy, feel-good anime.

For me it's an attack of the titans

Reply