Login Register






What do you do for work? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: What do you do for work? #11
(04-12-2021, 11:34 PM)demonboy Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 08:34 PM)Jiggly Wrote: I've mostly been doing a range of temp work during the pandemic, but have begun developing my art commissions on the side. I can't complain really!

As far as I'm aware, SL members have really varied jobs. Not everyone will share (understandably), but there's been some interesting ones.
Thats not bad! What type of art do you do? If you wouldn’t mind i’d like to see some of your work Smile
& yeah that’s true I don’t expect all of SL to be honest about it, but the ones who are open are welcome to share and discuss it here if they’d like.

I mostly do graphite (pencil) sketches. More recently, it's been portraits of people's pets and their family members. I'd love to share, but the images are posted on my personal pages elsewhere, and as a lot of the subject matter intensely personal to the person commissioning (a couple have been of family who have since passed away), I won't share those here.

However, I dabble a tiny bit in digital art. I haven't a clue what I'm doing with if I'm honest, but you can see my attempts at SLs mascot Akane here:

New Akane Piece
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly's post
Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #12
I'm in the military. I take broken circuit cards and make them good, normally by means of soldering
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 07:08 PM by Equinox.)
[Image: BXqGARG.png]

Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #13
I'm working at McDonalds (law minor employment) for allmost one year and we started a McDelivery service 2 months ago.
Now I'm dellivering overpriced fast food burgers Biggrin (overpriced because when you choose delivery you can't use coupons).

But my main work is a 3 year vocational training (already in the 2nd year) as a certified computer scientist (multimedia) & a certified game developer.
It's like a school where we work with Databases, programming lanuages, game development, software Engineering etc.
Have to pay for this ... thats the reason I'm also SE'ing, to have enough money Smile

(04-12-2021, 08:34 PM)Jiggly Wrote: I've mostly been doing a range of temp work during the pandemic, but have begun developing my art commissions on the side. I can't complain really!

As far as I'm aware, SL members have really varied jobs. Not everyone will share (understandably), but there's been some interesting ones.

Do you actually do good money with it?
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 07:37 PM by xVita.)
[Image: yDlzYyawRFK9-zbPiAD0Zw.png]

Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #14
(04-13-2021, 07:31 PM)xVita Wrote: I'm working at McDonalds (law minor employment) for allmost one year and we started a McDelivery service 2 months ago.
Now I'm dellivering overpriced fast food burgers Biggrin (overpriced because when you choose delivery you can't use coupons).

But my main work is a 3 year vocational training (already in the 2nd year) as a certified computer scientist (multimedia) & a certified game developer.
It's like a school where we work with Databases, programming lanuages, game development, software Engineering etc.
Have to pay for this ... thats the reason I'm also SE'ing, to have enough money Smile

(04-12-2021, 08:34 PM)Jiggly Wrote: I've mostly been doing a range of temp work during the pandemic, but have begun developing my art commissions on the side. I can't complain really!

As far as I'm aware, SL members have really varied jobs. Not everyone will share (understandably), but there's been some interesting ones.

Do you actually do good money with it?

Define good money? It's pocket money at the moment, as I literally just started and don't really spend enough time on it/am very slow at getting through the work. I've probably only made about 100-150 GBP so far. But that's from about 3 pieces. If I had a truly established business, it probably would be good money xD
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly's post
Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #15
(04-13-2021, 07:31 PM)xVita Wrote: I'm working at McDonalds (law minor employment)  for allmost one year and we started a McDelivery service 2 months ago.
Now I'm dellivering overpriced fast food burgers Biggrin (overpriced because when you choose delivery you can't use coupons).

But my main work is a 3 year vocational training (already in the 2nd year) as a certified computer scientist (multimedia) & a certified game developer.
It's like a school where we work with Databases, programming lanuages, game development, software Engineering etc.
Have to pay for this ... thats the reason I'm also SE'ing, to have enough money Smile

(04-12-2021, 08:34 PM)Jiggly Wrote: I've mostly been doing a range of temp work during the pandemic, but have begun developing my art commissions on the side. I can't complain really!

As far as I'm aware, SL members have really varied jobs. Not everyone will share (understandably), but there's been some interesting ones.

Do you actually do good money with it?
Hey man fast food sucks but everyone has to start somewhere, I worked at mcdonalds for a few months. Just make sure to grind and save your pennies because school is expensive
Telegram: pjspooky
Discord: 99xyz
Kik: tweaker

Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #16
I work in a bank. risk management and stuff

Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #17
(04-18-2021, 07:16 AM)ppenguin Wrote: I work in a bank. risk management and stuff
Doesnt sound bad, risk management as in regulate fraud and things of that nature?
Telegram: pjspooky
Discord: 99xyz
Kik: tweaker

Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #18
(04-18-2021, 07:18 AM)demonboy Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 07:16 AM)ppenguin Wrote: I work in a bank. risk management and stuff
Doesnt sound bad, risk management as in regulate fraud and things of that nature?
for non-performing assets we have the guidelines from national regulator (reserve bank of india).
but the bank does its own risk analysis based on its exposure to market, credit risk based on regular appraisals etc. i just do analysis of these based on external and internal variables, so that the front office/ management can make decisions.

Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #19
(04-18-2021, 07:15 AM)demonboy Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 07:31 PM)xVita Wrote: I'm working at McDonalds (law minor employment)  for allmost one year and we started a McDelivery service 2 months ago.
Now I'm dellivering overpriced fast food burgers Biggrin (overpriced because when you choose delivery you can't use coupons).

But my main work is a 3 year vocational training (already in the 2nd year) as a certified computer scientist (multimedia) & a certified game developer.
It's like a school where we work with Databases, programming lanuages, game development, software Engineering etc.
Have to pay for this ... thats the reason I'm also SE'ing, to have enough money Smile

(04-12-2021, 08:34 PM)Jiggly Wrote: I've mostly been doing a range of temp work during the pandemic, but have begun developing my art commissions on the side. I can't complain really!

As far as I'm aware, SL members have really varied jobs. Not everyone will share (understandably), but there's been some interesting ones.

Do you actually do good money with it?
Hey man fast food sucks but everyone has to start somewhere, I worked at mcdonalds for a few months. Just make sure to grind and save your pennies because school is expensive

Yeah already worked for 1 year at Burger King Biggrin
Was the worst job i've ever had.
McDonalds is relaxing while delivering Smile
[Image: yDlzYyawRFK9-zbPiAD0Zw.png]

Reply

RE: What do you do for work? #20
(04-18-2021, 11:54 PM)xVita Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 07:15 AM)demonboy Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 07:31 PM)xVita Wrote: I'm working at McDonalds (law minor employment)  for allmost one year and we started a McDelivery service 2 months ago.
Now I'm dellivering overpriced fast food burgers Biggrin (overpriced because when you choose delivery you can't use coupons).

But my main work is a 3 year vocational training (already in the 2nd year) as a certified computer scientist (multimedia) & a certified game developer.
It's like a school where we work with Databases, programming lanuages, game development, software Engineering etc.
Have to pay for this ... thats the reason I'm also SE'ing, to have enough money Smile


Do you actually do good money with it?
Hey man fast food sucks but everyone has to start somewhere, I worked at mcdonalds for a few months. Just make sure to grind and save your pennies because school is expensive

Yeah already worked for 1 year at Burger King Biggrin
Was the worst job i've ever had.
McDonalds is relaxing while delivering Smile
Yeah I can believe it i’ve actually yelled at a burger king manager for the way was she was treating her employees .
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 01:18 AM by Spooky.)
Telegram: pjspooky
Discord: 99xyz
Kik: tweaker

Reply