Sinisterly
Garmin SE Help - Printable Version

+- Sinisterly (https://sinister.li)
+-- Forum: Hacking (https://sinister.li/Forum-Hacking)
+--- Forum: Social Engineering (https://sinister.li/Forum-Social-Engineering)
+--- Thread: Garmin SE Help (/Thread-Garmin-SE-Help)



Garmin SE Help - cupcakeboy - 11-18-2024

“After speaking with our warehouse we have verified that when this shipped out the device was inside the package we do weigh our packages down to 0.00 ounces. With this information and you stating the package does not look tampered with you will need to speak with your bank.”

It was an MEB and the watch weighed under 100g.

What can I do? I have called these guys dozens of times, should I just return it before the 30 day window is up? Or keep pushing and chargeback?


RE: Garmin SE Help - TorUser827PlsNoBan - 11-19-2024

EU or US?
If you have time, I'd try contacting them via another method, if you used chat, try email, or phone.
You will get somebody else and maybe have better luck.


RE: Garmin SE Help - Jojo1980 - 11-19-2024

It looks like MEB with Garmin is patched.

I also believe that Garmin have started to deliberately delay any 'investigations' now so that the return window has passed...sneaky bastards.

If you're lucky and you're still within the 30 day return period, just take the L and return it..otherwise you'll have to do a chargeback. You probably will win the chargeback, but it's such a low value return if the end goal was to sell the watch...

Good luck either way.


RE: Garmin SE Help - cupcakeboy - 11-19-2024

(11-19-2024, 09:19 AM)Jojo1980 Wrote: It looks like MEB with Garmin is patched.

I also believe that Garmin have started to deliberately delay any 'investigations' now so that the return window has passed...sneaky bastards.

If you're lucky and you're still within the 30 day return period, just take the L and return it..otherwise you'll have to do a chargeback.  You probably will win the chargeback, but it's such a low value return if the end goal was to sell the watch...

Good luck either way.
I am still within the 30 days, I have called and spoken to many people. I do think it is patched. I thought the enduro 3 sells for 1000 dollars plus? Isnt that worth it enough for the chargeback or do you think something else would be more worth it to sell?


RE: Garmin SE Help - Jojo1980 - 11-19-2024

(11-19-2024, 09:11 PM)cupcakeboy Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 09:19 AM)Jojo1980 Wrote: It looks like MEB with Garmin is patched.

I also believe that Garmin have started to deliberately delay any 'investigations' now so that the return window has passed...sneaky bastards.

If you're lucky and you're still within the 30 day return period, just take the L and return it..otherwise you'll have to do a chargeback.  You probably will win the chargeback, but it's such a low value return if the end goal was to sell the watch...

Good luck either way.
I am still within the 30 days, I have called and spoken to many people. I do think it is patched. I thought the enduro 3 sells for 1000 dollars plus? Isnt that worth it enough for the chargeback or do you think something else would be more worth it to sell?

Don't take the risk.

Unless you've bought it with the intention of keeping it etc, then that's fine, it won't be a completely wasted chargeback.

However, if you've bought it to sell it, Enduro 3 is only worth about £300 to £400 in most stores that are willing to buy it from you. And if thr chargeback isn't successful, then you've you're £600-£700 down already.

My advise...send it back whilst you can and just get your money back. Fuck 'em.


RE: Garmin SE Help - cupcakeboy - 11-19-2024

(11-19-2024, 10:46 PM)Jojo1980 Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 09:11 PM)cupcakeboy Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 09:19 AM)Jojo1980 Wrote: It looks like MEB with Garmin is patched.

I also believe that Garmin have started to deliberately delay any 'investigations' now so that the return window has passed...sneaky bastards.

If you're lucky and you're still within the 30 day return period, just take the L and return it..otherwise you'll have to do a chargeback.  You probably will win the chargeback, but it's such a low value return if the end goal was to sell the watch...

Good luck either way.
I am still within the 30 days, I have called and spoken to many people. I do think it is patched. I thought the enduro 3 sells for 1000 dollars plus? Isnt that worth it enough for the chargeback or do you think something else would be more worth it to sell?

Don't take the risk.

Unless you've bought it with the intention of keeping it etc, then that's fine, it won't be a completely wasted chargeback.

However, if you've bought it to sell it, Enduro 3 is only worth about £300 to £400 in most stores that are willing to buy it from you. And if thr chargeback isn't successful, then you've you're £600-£700 down already.

My advise...send it back whilst you can and just get your money back. Fuck 'em.
God bless you for your advice. I just emailed asking what the status is and it isnt fair to push em further. By Monday/Tuesday if I receive no response, I will return it. How do you think I can come back from an "I swear the box is empty"? I dont wanna be flagged as sus.


RE: Garmin SE Help - prekrasnoyemirai - 11-20-2024

(11-19-2024, 10:59 PM)cupcakeboy Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 10:46 PM)Jojo1980 Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 09:11 PM)cupcakeboy Wrote: I am still within the 30 days, I have called and spoken to many people. I do think it is patched. I thought the enduro 3 sells for 1000 dollars plus? Isnt that worth it enough for the chargeback or do you think something else would be more worth it to sell?

Don't take the risk.

Unless you've bought it with the intention of keeping it etc, then that's fine, it won't be a completely wasted chargeback.

However, if you've bought it to sell it, Enduro 3 is only worth about £300 to £400 in most stores that are willing to buy it from you. And if thr chargeback isn't successful, then you've you're £600-£700 down already.

My advise...send it back whilst you can and just get your money back. Fuck 'em.
God bless you for your advice. I just emailed asking what the status is and it isnt fair to push em further. By Monday/Tuesday if I receive no response, I will return it. How do you think I can come back from an "I swear the box is empty"? I dont wanna be flagged as sus.
Don't they have brick-and-mortar stores? Maybe you could return it in person


RE: Garmin SE Help - Jojo1980 - 11-20-2024

(11-19-2024, 10:59 PM)cupcakeboy Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 10:46 PM)Jojo1980 Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 09:11 PM)cupcakeboy Wrote: I am still within the 30 days, I have called and spoken to many people. I do think it is patched. I thought the enduro 3 sells for 1000 dollars plus? Isnt that worth it enough for the chargeback or do you think something else would be more worth it to sell?

Don't take the risk.

Unless you've bought it with the intention of keeping it etc, then that's fine, it won't be a completely wasted chargeback.

However, if you've bought it to sell it, Enduro 3 is only worth about £300 to £400 in most stores that are willing to buy it from you. And if thr chargeback isn't successful, then you've you're £600-£700 down already.

My advise...send it back whilst you can and just get your money back. Fuck 'em.
God bless you for your advice. I just emailed asking what the status is and it isnt fair to push em further. By Monday/Tuesday if I receive no response, I will return it. How do you think I can come back from an "I swear the box is empty"? I dont wanna be flagged as sus.

Who cares if they flag anything as sus...

The return procedure is all automated, just simply enter the order details and email on their site, and it will email you a return label.

No need to speak to anyone.

They will receive the package and issue the refund..simples.


RE: Garmin SE Help - cupcakeboy - 11-20-2024

(11-20-2024, 06:12 AM)prekrasnoyemirai Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 10:59 PM)cupcakeboy Wrote:
(11-19-2024, 10:46 PM)Jojo1980 Wrote: I live in the middle of nowhere, no brick and mortar here Sad

Don't take the risk.

Unless you've bought it with the intention of keeping it etc, then that's fine, it won't be a completely wasted chargeback.

However, if you've bought it to sell it, Enduro 3 is only worth about £300 to £400 in most stores that are willing to buy it from you. And if thr chargeback isn't successful, then you've you're £600-£700 down already.

My advise...send it back whilst you can and just get your money back. Fuck 'em.
God bless you for your advice. I just emailed asking what the status is and it isnt fair to push em further. By Monday/Tuesday if I receive no response, I will return it. How do you think I can come back from an "I swear the box is empty"? I dont wanna be flagged as sus.
Don't they have brick-and-mortar stores? Maybe you could return it in person
They dont have any here, I live in ghe middle of nowhere. Ill just return it.


RE: Garmin SE Help - talrodil - 11-21-2024

(11-18-2024, 05:52 PM)cupcakeboy Wrote: What can I do? I have called these guys dozens of times, should I just return it before the 30 day window is up? Or keep pushing and chargeback?

They apparently have CCTV or another way of verifying. You can keep pushing for more evidence, as they have to prove to you that they actually shipped the thing. You can file a PR and chargeback, as you didn't receive what you ordered and it seems like someone stole your shipment.

Or you can just give up on this one and get back to the drawing board.