Sinisterly
HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - Printable Version

+- Sinisterly (https://sinister.li)
+-- Forum: Hacking (https://sinister.li/Forum-Hacking)
+--- Forum: Social Engineering (https://sinister.li/Forum-Social-Engineering)
+--- Thread: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks (/Thread-HELP-Apple-com-de-SE-for-2-MacBooks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - daqrinsa - 12-29-2022

UPDATE: Called them today as I didn't receive an email yet. Talked to a friendly woman who told me that she can see that the investigation started already and I will probably get the email asking for my ID photo soon. I asked how long it will take as the Macbooks are christmas gifts and it is very sad that we'll have to wait that long. She told me usually it takes 10 work days.

I start to think that they are playing for time and think I would return them as I am running out of time soon. So I begin to question my possible success.

But then I think, what if I legitimately did not receive the boxes, I am the victim and I am protected by law. I am just a sad hard working person who bought expensive products from them as a gift for my family, I paid and didn't receive them. So I guess I have the leverage. Also, even if somehow my sister would say that she received them and signed for me etc. I might still be able to send them back regularly because I bought other ones already as I didn't hope for them to appear and that the 14 days time to return the product starts on the day I RECEIVED THEM, not when my sister received them. Idk if it would ever work this way but I feel like this could be my worst case plan B kinda thing.


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - bacararouge - 01-02-2023

Are there any updates on this?


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - daqrinsa - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 02:44 AM)bacararouge Wrote: Are there any updates on this?

No update as of today. I will probably call them again later.


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - mothered - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 10:09 AM)daqrinsa Wrote: No update as of today. I will probably call them again later.
If need be, keep repeating the call until the matter Is attended to In full.


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - daqrinsa - 01-02-2023

Called them again today. Acted more impatient and sad that I still didn‘t receive the macbooks. Said my wife is losing patience and wants me to buy it somewhere else because I promised it as a gift. Rep said she‘s sorry for the inconvenience and takes notes saying that I never received the investigation email. (I told her that‘s also why I‘m calling again because it looks like nothing is happening and I also didn‘t receive the promised email)

She said the investigation is clearly open since the 28th of Dec and usually within 4-5 work days there‘s updates, and if not usually within 10 business days. I asked whether the 10 business days is a maximum or an average or what. Because if it‘s not the maximum idk how long I‘ll be waiting. Told her I paid when I ordered and I‘m still waiting. She said 10 days is the maximum and if the case is not solved then, I should call again and will be directed to a higher department. That happens almost never and it‘s very unlikely.

She also asked me whether I want a replacement or a refund. I said if you hurry just send me the products I ordered so we finally get our xmas gifts. But I don‘t want to wait too long.

She said usually they call me back when they got new insights and ask questions or ask whether I want to have a replacement or refund. I will now wait for that call and if it takes more than 3-4 days I tell them I‘m super upset and lost my patience so I just want my money back.

I feel like when they ask me for the first time it might be better to say I want a replacement, because it might create a more realistic and authentic setting, where I am upset but still waiting for my Macbooks. So I thought I have a higher chance to succeed this way, instead of directly saying I want a refund.

But as I actually really want a refund, I will tell them if they ask again, to make it look like I changed my mind and the wait is over etc. Because I don‘t want to have the struggle to send back the items if they resend them. Also double-dipping them seems too risky imho anyways.


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - ayrotakesws - 01-02-2023

(12-21-2022, 07:05 PM)daqrinsa Wrote: Hey fellow SE‘ers,

I just got scammed by someone in this forum called „DHL“. On telegram he named himself exodus & exodus.media. He deleted his acc and probably is swapping through different accs.

Now I have two MacBooks at home, not opened, delivered yesterday. I ordered them directly at Apple.

Is there any chance of a successful refund?

Listen mate, try DNA ONE of the macbooks if dna works with apple, or legit return if you think it's not possible anymore


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - daqrinsa - 01-03-2023

(01-02-2023, 04:01 PM)ayrotakesws Wrote:
(12-21-2022, 07:05 PM)daqrinsa Wrote: Hey fellow SE‘ers,

I just got scammed by someone in this forum called „DHL“. On telegram he named himself exodus & exodus.media. He deleted his acc and probably is swapping through different accs.

Now I have two MacBooks at home, not opened, delivered yesterday. I ordered them directly at Apple.

Is there any chance of a successful refund?

Listen mate, try DNA ONE of the macbooks if dna works with apple, or legit return if you think it's not possible anymore

Thx for your help. I already started and went for DNAing both of them.


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - mothered - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 10:00 AM)daqrinsa Wrote: I already started and went for DNAing both of them.
Did both packages arrive at the exact same timeslot, obviously by the same driver?


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - daqrinsa - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 11:34 AM)mothered Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 10:00 AM)daqrinsa Wrote: I already started and went for DNAing both of them.
Did both packages arrive at the exact same timeslot, obviously by the same driver?

Yes they did.

UPDATE: Today I received the before announced email from apple, telling me they are investigating and asking me for a pic of my ID or driver‘s license.

I wrote a little paragraph thanking them for their help and politely asking them if it is possible to hurry up a little cause the Macbooks are presents.

Will keep you posted.


RE: HELP: Apple.com/de SE for 2 MacBooks - mothered - 01-04-2023

(01-03-2023, 10:34 PM)daqrinsa Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 11:34 AM)mothered Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 10:00 AM)daqrinsa Wrote: I already started and went for DNAing both of them.
Did both packages arrive at the exact same timeslot, obviously by the same driver?

Yes they did.

UPDATE: Today I received the before announced email from apple, telling me they are investigating and asking me for a pic of my ID or driver‘s license.

I wrote a little paragraph thanking them for their help and politely asking them if it is possible to hurry up a little cause the Macbooks are presents.

Will keep you posted.
Sounds like you're on the right track.

We shall await the latest developments.