![]() |
|
Lenovo SE? - Printable Version +- Sinisterly (https://sinister.li) +-- Forum: Hacking (https://sinister.li/Forum-Hacking) +--- Forum: Social Engineering (https://sinister.li/Forum-Social-Engineering) +--- Thread: Lenovo SE? (/Thread-Lenovo-SE) |
RE: Lenovo SE? - mothered - 03-14-2020 (03-14-2020, 03:28 PM)neekhavod Wrote: So the rep hasn't responded yet, how should I respond? You don't know what the response will be. What If It's In your favor, with a refund/replacement In progress? Your reply may well ruin the entire SE. Issue a friendly reminder stating that you're still waiting for the matter to be resolved. RE: Lenovo SE? - saint28 - 03-14-2020 (03-14-2020, 03:33 PM)mothered Wrote:The last email I sent ended with, "I will try to ask another carrier if they can ship it without telling them about the damage." I was thinking he was waiting for me to ask them and then update him on how it went.(03-14-2020, 03:28 PM)neekhavod Wrote: So the rep hasn't responded yet, how should I respond? RE: Lenovo SE? - Checkpoint - 03-14-2020 (03-14-2020, 03:28 PM)neekhavod Wrote:I would say don't give unnecessary details, keep it simple, maybe like this could be too suspicious.(03-12-2020, 08:35 PM)mothered Wrote:So the rep hasn't responded yet, how should I respond? "I was able to visit the FedEx, UPS, and USPS near me again but they recognized me and the laptop and still denied me. I tried going to one further out than the others and everything was going well until they noticed the battery. I never mentioned that it was broken or hazardous but the manager came over and asked why it was like that, I said I don't know so I'm sending it in for repairs. He denied me because something similar happened to him and he didn't want to ship a hazardous item." Should I go with this?(03-12-2020, 08:26 PM)neekhavod Wrote: "This is so absurd, why does this keep happening??? I tried to remove the battery already and I haven't tried to dissemble the laptop since my initial email but it's clear that it's gotten worse. While I was disassembling the laptop and trying to remove the battery, there were two screws at the bottom of the battery that weren't coming out, no matter how hard I tried. The swelling of the battery probably lodged the screw in weird or morphed the screw socket. I don't want to force it out because I might accidentally puncture the battery and have some sort of accident. I don't think I can ship the laptop without the battery... I will try to ask another carrier if they can ship it without telling them about the damage. " This was the email I've drafted up, it doesn't seem like he's gonna budge on his stance on having the laptop first. If the next email confirms that he won't send out a replacement, I will say that USPS is willing to take it, damaged and all, but they won't provide a tracking number or something. Just my thought, I don't have actual experience in this. RE: Lenovo SE? - mothered - 03-15-2020 (03-14-2020, 04:03 PM)neekhavod Wrote: The last email I sent ended with, "I will try to ask another carrier if they can ship it without telling them about the damage." I was thinking he was waiting for me to ask them and then update him on how it went. I understand your point, and It's certainly a valid one. Get In contact with them, and simply ask whether It's okay to ship In the manner you've described. RE: Lenovo SE? - saint28 - 03-16-2020 (03-15-2020, 02:28 AM)mothered Wrote:"I haven't had time to check any other carriers with all of the hysteria happening, it's hard to find a chance to visit a carrier. In that time, the battery hasn't gotten worse but it's still very bad. Are you sure this is safe to ship?" Something like this?(03-14-2020, 04:03 PM)neekhavod Wrote: The last email I sent ended with, "I will try to ask another carrier if they can ship it without telling them about the damage." I was thinking he was waiting for me to ask them and then update him on how it went. RE: Lenovo SE? - mothered - 03-17-2020 (03-16-2020, 07:41 PM)neekhavod Wrote:(03-15-2020, 02:28 AM)mothered Wrote:"I haven't had time to check any other carriers with all of the hysteria happening, it's hard to find a chance to visit a carrier. In that time, the battery hasn't gotten worse but it's still very bad. Are you sure this is safe to ship?" Something like this?(03-14-2020, 04:03 PM)neekhavod Wrote: The last email I sent ended with, "I will try to ask another carrier if they can ship it without telling them about the damage." I was thinking he was waiting for me to ask them and then update him on how it went. Under the circumstances, this seems very appropriate. How long has It been since their last reply? RE: Lenovo SE? - saint28 - 03-17-2020 (03-17-2020, 03:14 AM)mothered Wrote:5 days since his and 4 days since my last email.(03-16-2020, 07:41 PM)neekhavod Wrote:(03-15-2020, 02:28 AM)mothered Wrote: I understand your point, and It's certainly a valid one."I haven't had time to check any other carriers with all of the hysteria happening, it's hard to find a chance to visit a carrier. In that time, the battery hasn't gotten worse but it's still very bad. Are you sure this is safe to ship?" Something like this? RE: Lenovo SE? - mothered - 03-17-2020 (03-17-2020, 03:44 AM)neekhavod Wrote:(03-17-2020, 03:14 AM)mothered Wrote:5 days since his and 4 days since my last email.(03-16-2020, 07:41 PM)neekhavod Wrote: "I haven't had time to check any other carriers with all of the hysteria happening, it's hard to find a chance to visit a carrier. In that time, the battery hasn't gotten worse but it's still very bad. Are you sure this is safe to ship?" Something like this? They're probably thinking you'll simply give up, and not pursue the claim any further. Time to hit them with your above reply. RE: Lenovo SE? - saint28 - 03-17-2020 (03-17-2020, 03:59 AM)mothered Wrote:"You can ship the machine ground." That was literally all he said, how should I proceed?(03-17-2020, 03:44 AM)neekhavod Wrote:(03-17-2020, 03:14 AM)mothered Wrote: Under the circumstances, this seems very appropriate.5 days since his and 4 days since my last email. RE: Lenovo SE? - mothered - 03-17-2020 (03-17-2020, 06:59 PM)neekhavod Wrote:(03-17-2020, 03:59 AM)mothered Wrote:"You can ship the machine ground." That was literally all he said, how should I proceed?(03-17-2020, 03:44 AM)neekhavod Wrote: 5 days since his and 4 days since my last email. It's a pretty poor response. Ask them to explain In further detail. |