Sinisterly
Best Buy CA Macbook SE - Printable Version

+- Sinisterly (https://sinister.li)
+-- Forum: Hacking (https://sinister.li/Forum-Hacking)
+--- Forum: Social Engineering (https://sinister.li/Forum-Social-Engineering)
+--- Thread: Best Buy CA Macbook SE (/Thread-Best-Buy-CA-Macbook-SE)

Pages: 1 2


Best Buy CA Macbook SE - almtfc - 04-09-2023

Hey all,

I've just started the process of attempting to double dip a laptop from best buy canada after a few weeks of planning. Package came in a few days ago, fake signed, over a day later I contact best buy chat in the evening and after telling them I haven't received anything I get something across the lines of "sorry for what happened, we opened an investigation with Purolator, wait 7-10 days, the back end team will help with refund or replacement options".

Later I talk to a refunder and he says I fcked up by talking to support. I thought an investigation was normal for DNA cases?

For some additional info the best buy acc is aged 2 years, with 3 orders totaling $600. Should I return it or can i still get the SE to work?

Many thanks


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - AlreadyRRich - 04-09-2023

Wait for the result of the investigation maybe?
You planned for weeks and you gon let a refunder on Telegram tell you you fucked up and now you panicking?

Relax.
Investigations happens pretty often for DNA, especially for high value items.

Wait for the investigation.


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - Jhxxhdudjshd - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 05:38 PM)almtfc Wrote: Hey all,

I've just started the process of attempting to double dip a laptop from best buy canada after a few weeks of planning. Package came in a few days ago, fake signed, over a day later I contact best buy chat in the evening and after telling them I haven't received anything I get something across the lines of "sorry for what happened, we opened an investigation with Purolator, wait 7-10 days, the back end team will help with refund or replacement options".

Later I talk to a refunder and he says I fcked up by talking to support. I thought an investigation was normal for DNA cases?

For some additional info the best buy acc is aged 2 years, with 3 orders totaling $600.  Should I return it or can i still get the SE to work?

Many thanks

How does this refunder expect you to tell bestbuy you haven't received your product without contacting customer service? Let them do their investigation and see what comes of it.


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - Robbinhoodd - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 05:38 PM)almtfc Wrote: Hey all,

I've just started the process of attempting to double dip a laptop from best buy canada after a few weeks of planning. Package came in a few days ago, fake signed, over a day later I contact best buy chat in the evening and after telling them I haven't received anything I get something across the lines of "sorry for what happened, we opened an investigation with Purolator, wait 7-10 days, the back end team will help with refund or replacement options".

Later I talk to a refunder and he says I fcked up by talking to support. I thought an investigation was normal for DNA cases?

For some additional info the best buy acc is aged 2 years, with 3 orders totaling $600.  Should I return it or can i still get the SE to work?

Many thanks

Investigations are common, even for low value items like $150. But if you are trying to pay a refunder why would you contact support? You are essentially doing their job.


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - almtfc - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 05:41 PM)AlreadyRRich Wrote: Wait for the result of the investigation maybe?
You planned for weeks and you gon let a refunder tell you you fucked up and now you panicking?

Relax.
Investigations happens pretty often for DNA, especially for high value items.

Wait for the investigation.

I had it planned in my head that an investigation would happen, I would get a replacement, then ftid the replacement. But his approach does not require a pr so maybe it differs in that starting an investigation would ultimately lead to needing a PR?


(04-09-2023, 08:10 PM)Robbinhoodd Wrote: Investigations are common, even for low value items like $150. But if you are trying to pay a refunder why would you contact support? You are essentially doing their job.

Refunder took a while to reply and it was already about 30 hours after it said delivered so I decided it was now that I had to talk to support. He said he could do a double dip (and without the need of a PR) but after I told him they had started an investigation he backed out, so it was a bit my fault for being impatient.


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - mothered - 04-10-2023

Quote: I thought an investigation was normal for DNA cases?
It Is.

The nature of the method triggers an Investigation a lot more often than not.


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - almtfc - 04-15-2023

Here's what happened over the past week:

I would first like to point out that on the day of opening the investigation, the agent I was talking to over live chat to reassured to me that after the investigation I will be given both replacement and rеf‍und options, and If I were to call them they would immediately help me with the replacement process.

A few days later I get an email from best buy saying along the lines of "we are in the process of the investigation and to answer any emails purolator might send you" (i did not get any), they also said they will only be able to offer a rеf‍und, not a replacement.

I reply to this email saying I have not gotten any messages from purolator yet, and that a different agent told me I would be given replacement options for this order (i took screenshots of this chat & also saved chat transcript). I get a reply basically ignoring the screenshots and restating they can only offer a rеfund after it is done.

Yesterday I received an email saying "after investigation with multiple parties relating to the delivery, we have decided this claim will be denied, we encourage you to work with law enforcement regarding this".

Today I called them and I talked to them about the denial while sounding irritated. The lady on the phone would not budge and just regurgitated what was emailed to me, saying that there is nothing I can do, the claim is closed and can't be reopened due to proof of delivery, as well as that even if I talked to law enforcement and got a PR they would still not reopen the claim. Keep in mind there was no proof of delivery, no photo was taken and there was only a signature which was fake signed.

I'm a bit lost at what to do at this point, as it seems that the support agents don't have the power to reopen this claim, it sounds like every one I have talked to has just repeated the same script.

I can say I found it, return it, and move on. Or I can continue to fight the claim (although I don't think I will get any where). I could also mark the purchase as fraudulent with my bаnk‍‍ but I'm worried that might go wrong or I'll have too many questions asked.

Any advice helps at this point, thanks


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - almtfc - 04-16-2023

@mothered your input is appreciated, can you offer some advice?


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - mothered - 04-16-2023

Quote: The lady on the phone would not budge and just regurgitated what was emailed to me, saying that there is nothing I can do, the claim is closed and can't be reopened due to proof of delivery
What proof of delivery do they have that clearly demonstrates the package was personally handed to you?

That's the question they need to answer In the form of written or photographic evidence (which they will not be able to provide).


RE: Best Buy CA Macbook SE - almtfc - 04-19-2023

Quick update, as a PR was not requested, I called best buy again and after being requested law enforcement’s response, I said that law enforcement told me that this was best buy’s liability. They told me to reopen a claim with purolator as the rep on the phone could not send out replacements from his end (don’t know if this is true or not) and to contact the same claim department email from before, but this time to email best buy the claim i made with purolator after it is approved.

Thinking my only choice now is to constantly call purolator and oppose the claim until they cave in. I will update this thread as I go on. Any advice helps, i’m a bit stuck at this point.