Sinisterly
Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - Printable Version

+- Sinisterly (https://sinister.li)
+-- Forum: Hacking (https://sinister.li/Forum-Hacking)
+--- Forum: Social Engineering (https://sinister.li/Forum-Social-Engineering)
+--- Thread: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail (/Thread-Amazon-DNA-Success-or-Fail)

Pages: 1 2 3


Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - wdihuwuhidhuw - 07-14-2022

Sorry for inundating the forum with questions lately and not providing much value but I will be sure to do that in the near future as I am at the brink of some SE's working out and hopefully having some useful experience to share with you guys.

I am currently trying to DNA an item from amazon. Due to weight, I opted for DNA. The SE is in a bit of a weird situation so I wanted to get your guys advice/opinions on this.

I contacted them 24 hours after delivery claiming DNA. I received a response saying they have forwarded my query to their courier team, and that they will investigate this with the delivery person and will try to locate the package and deliver it to me in the case it has been delivered to the wrong address.

Two issues arise from this. 1, it seems they are doing an investigation. 2, it now seems very possible that I may have a driver coming to my address? Not really sure what that entails and how that is going to affect my claim.

Additionally to this response, I was told by the rep that I have to wait 3 days. Upon questioning the significance of the 3 days, I was explicitly told by the rep that If i don't receive or find the order in 3 days, to contact them again and they will issue a full refund or replacement.

Has anyone else experienced this for a DNA?
I don't know if I am being paranoid about a nearly certain SE or whether im right in my overthinking. Is their investigation independent of the 3 day waiting time?


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - mothered - 07-14-2022

Quote:1, it seems they are doing an investigation
They are Indeed.

Quote:2, it now seems very possible that I may have a driver coming to my address?
An Investigation does not suggest the driver will be contacting you.

Quote:Not really sure what that entails and how that is going to affect my claim.
If you're referring to the driver calling/visiting your home, It won't have any Impact on your claim.

You are not obligated to answer to him.

Quote:Upon questioning the significance of the 3 days, I was explicitly told by the rep that If i don't receive or find the order in 3 days, to contact them again and they will issue a full refund or replacement.
That speaks for Itself.

Quote:Has anyone else experienced this for a DNA?
I experienced one Investigation that took almost 3 months to finalize.

Quote:Is their investigation independent of the 3 day waiting time?
Don't focus on the Investigation.

It's only required for administration purposes to move forward with your claim.


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - wdihuwuhidhuw - 07-14-2022

Right ,fair enough mothered. Update to the situation, I received an email stating different instructions.
A different customer service rep from amazon than I contacted initially via live chat emailed me, informing me to wait one more day from now and if I haven't received it they will "investigate the delivery further".

This is confusing because this email implies that if I contact them tomorrow, they will not refund me and rather further investigate.
But the message from live chat rep as written in my post says I must wait 3 days before obtaining a refund.

I hope I am being clear in explaining what has unfolded. I am unsure of whether I should now contact them tomorrow, or 3 days from now for the SE to proceed best.


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - mothered - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 12:45 PM)wdihuwuhidhuw Wrote: I received an email stating different instructions.
A different customer service rep from amazon than I contacted initially via live chat emailed me, informing me to wait one more day from now and if I haven't received it they will "investigate the delivery further".
The upside Is, they have no clue on the whereabouts of your package.

If they did, they wouldn't be Investigating It.

(07-14-2022, 12:45 PM)wdihuwuhidhuw Wrote: This is confusing because this email implies that if I contact them tomorrow, they will not refund me and rather further investigate.
But the message from live chat rep as written in my post says I must wait 3 days before obtaining a refund.
They're mismanaging your claim.

It seems like the latest rep did not refer to previous notes/records.

(07-14-2022, 12:45 PM)wdihuwuhidhuw Wrote: I hope I am being clear in explaining what has unfolded.
Crystal.

(07-14-2022, 12:45 PM)wdihuwuhidhuw Wrote: I am unsure of whether I should now contact them tomorrow, or 3 days from now for the SE to proceed best.
Go by their last reply.


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - Nabeshin - 07-14-2022

Feel free to contact them whenever, as long as you have the transcript of all the chats, as soon as someone contradicts the other you can pull out the most convenient log
Or just wait 3 days and see, you might be requested a PR then as well

Which domain was this and what was the value, just for infos?


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - wdihuwuhidhuw - 07-14-2022

OK. Thank you. I will keep you updated when I make the next move

Domain AU Value ~650 USD
Hopefully a PR shall not be required
I am probably going to contact them tomorrow aligning with mothered's advice to listen to the instructions of their latest response

EDIT: Should I resort to using screenshot of chat log as evidence if a refund is not immediately offered or does that seem too nongenuine relative to a real customers actions?


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - Nabeshin - 07-14-2022

A screenshot sounds like you're already on to them, the text transcript is fine since they provide you with it


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - wdihuwuhidhuw - 07-14-2022

Right that does make sense.
So you are saying it is ample enough to copy and paste the messages from an old chat and the rep you are currently speaking to will be able to cross-check and confirm it as true?


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - Nabeshin - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:49 PM)wdihuwuhidhuw Wrote: Right that does make sense.
So you are saying it is ample enough to copy and paste the messages from an old chat and the rep you are currently speaking to will be able to cross-check and confirm it as true?

Either that, or tell them you can attach the whole transcript to any email if they wanted to double check


RE: Amazon DNA, Success or Fail - mothered - 07-16-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:21 PM)wdihuwuhidhuw Wrote: I will keep you updated when I make the next move
Anything to report back?