Bestbuy DNA 01-13-2023, 06:21 PM
#1
I made a post under the Successful Best Buy SE thread and felt that I should make another thread documenting the progress of my DNA.
I have an aged account with one order. The item that I am SEing is $450 racing wheel which was ordered during the holiday season.
1st interaction with best buy was through the customer service chat after 2 days of the package being delivered.
I told them that when I checked my door that the package was not there (On fedex tracking a photo of the package is shown in front of my door).
They asked if I checked around the house and asked neighbors and I said that I have and there was no package.
They offered to reship the item and I declined and requested a refund since I needed the money to buy another present quickly since Christmas is tomorrow.
They said ok and escalated the case with the refund department.
2nd interaction after 3 days, I contacted them to update me on the refund through the chat.
They said that there is a refund and that it is being processed through the original payment method and "it will be reflected in my account in the next billing cycle"
3rd interaction still no refund and this was more than a week after the 2nd interaction (wanted to be patient and not spam for updates).
Through chat again I asked for an update and they said the refund is processing and once confirmed they will update me in the next 24 - 48 hours. They also provided me with a case ID.
After 48 hours I received an email saying that the investigation was completed and they cannot issue a refund.
Since the deadline for returns was getting closer I checked the forum and found the thread Successful Best Buy SE and saw that someone received the same email and that calling directly worked for them.
4th interaction I called bestbuy and talked to an overseas representative. I did not mention the email (idk if this was a mistake?) but asked for an update regarding my refund since I did not receive it after 24 - 48 hours. I also gave them the case number and they said they will escalate the situation and update me again in 24 - 48 hours.
However, the date to return the item is in 2 days so I decided to call again the next day and mention the email.
5th interaction I called bestbuy in the morning (cant tell if the rep was from my country), mentioned the email and asked why the investigation did not go through. They said that fedex denied the claim and said the package was delivered. The next step is to re-escalate the case, directly talk to fedex and contact local authorities. They will update me max 72 hours.
Now I am waiting again.
Should I take the risk and wait for an update or return the item?
I have an aged account with one order. The item that I am SEing is $450 racing wheel which was ordered during the holiday season.
1st interaction with best buy was through the customer service chat after 2 days of the package being delivered.
I told them that when I checked my door that the package was not there (On fedex tracking a photo of the package is shown in front of my door).
They asked if I checked around the house and asked neighbors and I said that I have and there was no package.
They offered to reship the item and I declined and requested a refund since I needed the money to buy another present quickly since Christmas is tomorrow.
They said ok and escalated the case with the refund department.
2nd interaction after 3 days, I contacted them to update me on the refund through the chat.
They said that there is a refund and that it is being processed through the original payment method and "it will be reflected in my account in the next billing cycle"
3rd interaction still no refund and this was more than a week after the 2nd interaction (wanted to be patient and not spam for updates).
Through chat again I asked for an update and they said the refund is processing and once confirmed they will update me in the next 24 - 48 hours. They also provided me with a case ID.
After 48 hours I received an email saying that the investigation was completed and they cannot issue a refund.
Since the deadline for returns was getting closer I checked the forum and found the thread Successful Best Buy SE and saw that someone received the same email and that calling directly worked for them.
4th interaction I called bestbuy and talked to an overseas representative. I did not mention the email (idk if this was a mistake?) but asked for an update regarding my refund since I did not receive it after 24 - 48 hours. I also gave them the case number and they said they will escalate the situation and update me again in 24 - 48 hours.
However, the date to return the item is in 2 days so I decided to call again the next day and mention the email.
5th interaction I called bestbuy in the morning (cant tell if the rep was from my country), mentioned the email and asked why the investigation did not go through. They said that fedex denied the claim and said the package was delivered. The next step is to re-escalate the case, directly talk to fedex and contact local authorities. They will update me max 72 hours.
Now I am waiting again.
Should I take the risk and wait for an update or return the item?


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)













